Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

was looking for a new bath mat, where 2 kop

i pretty much see your point.
    well played.

maybe i'll get a traditional rectangle cashmere, play it safe.

3. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

was looking for a new bath mat, where 2 kop

... Pier 1? xD

4. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

why, is he a construction worker?

Not being a construction worker doesn't preclude the ability to wear workboots in the same way that not being a sailor doesn't preclude the ability to wear a peacoat. In any case, he already has a pair of sneakers, and with the approaching winter, workboots make sense.

5. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

Not being a construction worker doesn't preclude the ability to wear workboots in the same way that not being a sailor doesn't preclude the ability to wear a peacoat. In any case, he already has a pair of sneakers, and with the approaching winter, workboots make sense.

I agree.. in fact, I am gonna get some Wolverine's, winters are rough around where I live. I can always cop some Raf Simons later on.

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

no it doesn't but you said he should have some workboots. Why? i don't really think they're a staple piece.

7. Richdog

Richdog Well-Known Member

Varvatos Purcells are beat to shit. Have a $79 Zappos credit, should I try these since they seem out of the laceless Varvatos Purcells....?

[​IMG]

Nice shoes, but I know for a fact that the FIRST thing my friends would see when the read that label would be "Supergay". "Hey Rich, wearing your Supergays again?" "Heh, Rich has his Supergays on". And no, my friends aren't morons, just typical late twenty and early thirty somethings who like some banter. I'd never hear the end of it

8. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

Thinking about picking up the Brooks Brothers waxed cotton driving jacket. Thoughts? [​IMG]

9. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Nice shoes, but I know for a fact that the FIRST thing my friends would see when the read that label would be "Supergay". "Hey Rich, wearing your Supergays again?" "Heh, Rich has his Supergays on". And no, my friends aren't morons, just typical late twenty and early thirty somethings who like some banter. I'd never hear the end of it

Just wait out the whole 23 seconds of laughs that comes with these types of 'jokes'.

10. colins

colins Senior member

Thinking about picking up the Brooks Brothers waxed cotton driving jacket. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

I don't see many details that set this apart from a Barbour, including the price.

11. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Maybe it's just the angle, but they look weirdly put together, almost shoddily so.
    lol at this. To whoever was wondering about purchasing the DVN boots, they're sick boots dude, and the construction will be great, however, they are pretty visually complicated and will take some swagger and some planning to pull off.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Yea, those DVN boots look great? Where's the thread link. I might even be interested

13. Binker

Binker Senior member

here's the thread chrono, am still considering them but there's a few other things I have my eye on so I wouldn't necessarily mind too much being outcopped http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=198599 they are quite complex, what with the two different leathers and buckle closure, but I feel the design is very fluid and considered, taken overall the result is rather intuitive. and of course I'm not worried about construction

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

the fuck? those are so cheap. i already would've scooped them up if they were my size. would probably be pretty easy to make those look good. but yea, if you already have plans for the money i understand. if it was just if they'd look good or not i think they'd work nice

15. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

lol at this.

To whoever was wondering about purchasing the DVN boots, they're sick boots dude, and the construction will be great, however, they are pretty visually complicated and will take some swagger and some planning to pull off.

Hm, I guess now that I look at them again, you're right.