1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

tell em why you mad jd.
    It always annoys me when people do that. I'm like [​IMG] I would totally have bought those if you hadn't maimed them; if you were going to do that, best be sure you want to KEEP them!

Same thing with Diors. Like why are you buying Diors if you want them short hemmed.

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

should I kop...

some new footwear (suede bucks)

or a +j military jacket?

Right now my footwear is white vans and ll bean boots and my outerwear consists of an ll bean wool overshirt, an oversized gap utility jacket, and my snowboarding jacket which I rarely wear casually.

3. xM.

xM. Senior member

I considered hemming because I'm like a 29-30 inseam and they look really silly stacked 35", but I'll probably either trade or sell.

4. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

should I kop...

or a +j military jacket?

Don't buy suede bucks, I already told you about that. That shit is going to date so rapidly. +J sounds like a better option, but on the other hand have you considered not buying a military jacket? What about a cool blazer or something? I just don't like how shapeless most military jackets are.

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

eh, I don't see myself wearing a blazer that often though and I'm trying to limit my purchases to stuff that I'm going to wear more than once a week, at least. The only thing with buying more outerwear is that it is almost the time of year where I won't be wearing it anyway (how heavy is the +j military jacket?). If you don't like bucks, what kind of footwear do you like? For reference I'm a big fan of the kvc/scott/mf aesthetic.

6. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

keep the plum jeans. get your tailor to fix the bumcrotch area. as all geller jeans seem to have bumcrotch fit issues...

ps gradient jeans are uggggg

7. Desi

Desi Senior member

Do not hem those. Do not. If you are going to hem them, sell them instead, at least then someone else can use them. If you hem them you will ruin them and then you'll end up wanting to sell them in a few months anyway but they'll be ruined. Then I'll open up a thread in B&S titled "Geller Plum Jeans" and see that you hemmed them and be forced to come to wherever that snowy locale might be and decapitate you.
    this right here. Don't be a fucker and screw up your shit xM. I am the same inseam wise. I just go with the stacks, tuck, cuff, or cuff inward.

8. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior member

9. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

eh, I don't see myself wearing a blazer that often though and I'm trying to limit my purchases to stuff that I'm going to wear more than once a week, at least. The only thing with buying more outerwear is that it is almost the time of year where I won't be wearing it anyway (how heavy is the +j military jacket?). If you don't like bucks, what kind of footwear do you like? For reference I'm a big fan of the kvc/scott/mf aesthetic.

For something closer to the mf look, I Rachel Comey oxfords, like the Derringer or Mateba. Maybe Paul Smith if you can find something you like. What would you be wearing your shoes with?

10. xM.

xM. Senior member

Thanks for the advice guys, even if it was needlessly hostile.

11. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

For something closer to the mf look, I Rachel Comey oxfords, like the Derringer or Mateba. Maybe Paul Smith if you can find something you like. What would you be wearing your shoes with?

thanks, I'll look into those. Will be wearing with cropped chinos or cords, and a button down? maybe shorts in the summer time.

12. Desi

Desi Senior member

Thanks for the advice guys, even if it was needlessly hostile.

welcome, that is what we are here for [​IMG]

13. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

should I kop...

Don't buy suede bucks

this should be "don't buy average suede bucks".

Just cos they are and will be hideously played out doesn't mean there aren't amazing pairs out there.

Some of those Trickers x junya ones are pretty good.

14. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I considered hemming because I'm like a 29-30 inseam and they look really silly stacked 35", but I'll probably either trade or sell.

Dunno, I think the stacks look pretty good on those. They're not all-over-the-place sloppy, and they don't make you look short. (I'm moderately biased, though, since the shortest inseam I can get away with on jeans is ~34".) The color's unique, and I think they'd look good sagged maybe an inch or so lower.

Do you just not wear them? FWIW, I'd expect the gradients to be more difficult to wear.

15. xM.

xM. Senior member

I've only ever worn them once and I'm just not hugely confident I can pull them off. By the same token, I worry that the gradient ones will make it look like I pissed myself.

16. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

17. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

id rather be beat over the head with those than wear them. hideous.

18. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

19. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

20. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

should I kop...

or a +j military jacket?

Right now my footwear is white vans and ll bean boots and my outerwear consists of an ll bean wool overshirt, an oversized gap utility jacket, and my snowboarding jacket which I rarely wear casually.

Get some new boots IMO, like slimmer profile boots. But if you must chose between the two you posted, get the suede bucks.