• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

DeliciousFruits

Reaction score
mensquiltedwaistcoat_450p.jpg

or
Barbour_D1234.jpg

Underneath a black EG Andover? Or would an olive vest not work with a black jacket?

123abc123

Reaction score
ann-dem01.jpg

I HAVE BEEN REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO BUYING SOMETHING FUR OR HAIR BASED, AND WHILE I WAS SEARCHING AROUND I CAME ACROSS THIS, SO.... YES OR NO?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
1780191_8_D.jpg

1780191_b_1.jpg

for snow

I don't think these would be good snow boots. They don't look like they'd provide good traction. I mean, in snow, I think practicality comes before fashunzzzzz

a2_hennessy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 123abc123
I HAVE BEEN REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO BUYING SOMETHING FUR OR HAIR BASED, AND WHILE I WAS SEARCHING AROUND I CAME ACROSS THIS, SO.... YES OR NO?
This guy!
bounce2.gif

dmass1

Reaction score
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...4&ci_sku=N11FU

I know that Theory's qualiy (materials and construction) leaves a lot to be desired, but the styling is nice. I have an opportunity to pick this merino zip-up sweater for ~170. I tried it on and it looks good, but the fact that it is made in China and 5% spandex is a little unsettling.

I know that this is a fairly generic piece and I can find a lot of similar sweaters for half the price, but the fit on this is really good. Can i do better?

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
that sweater will guarantee you a place in the friend zone.

dmass1

Reaction score
wtf does that mean, synthese?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol theory

Newstyle

Reaction score
Alden Indy 403 chromexcel or Alden Longwing waxed bluchers

Indy: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...8428/18428.jsp

Longwings: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...8582/18582.jsp

I'm 28 and go to college. I think the longwings are more classy and would add a sense of sophistication to my style, but I want to wear the shoes I purchase as daily wear and think the boots would be better equipped for that, but then think I should buy a pair of boots for daily wear for less than that like maybe the Red Wing GT's.

I'm leaning toward the longwings.

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newstyle
Alden Indy 403 chromexcel or Alden Longwing waxed bluchers

Indy: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...8428/18428.jsp

Longwings: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...8582/18582.jsp

I'm 28 and go to college. I think the longwings are more classy and would add a sense of sophistication to my style, but I want to wear the shoes I purchase as daily wear and think the boots would be better equipped for that, but then think I should buy a pair of boots for daily wear for less than that like maybe the Red Wing GT's.

I'm leaning toward the longwings.

Do the longwings. Not only classier, but more versatile as well.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
id do the long new. + that tobacco is a great color...i def agree with hob

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Should I get these yellow cords?

ewk0i.jpg

Obviously not a daily-wear staple, but they could be worn with blue shirts, sweaters, and jackets, as well as white shirts. It's partially inspired by this pic over at Unabashedly Prep from a few days ago.

fecastleberry20101013_0005.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads