• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha I've had my eye on that burgundy Stark since capsule last winter. I grabbed it from TBS, too, let's hope they have enough stock to cover massive SF kopping.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
good call on burgundy

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
0290064000_vari_sp_ex_2.jpeg
mostly just want the sick buckle

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
haha I've had my eye on that burgundy Stark since capsule last winter. I grabbed it from TBS, too, let's hope they have enough stock to cover massive SF kopping.
Or that we didn't all order the same size. Either way I believe Roden Gray is getting it in burgundy too if you'd rather order from North America.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by herzzreh
PHuck it, two tears in a bucket... I still need shoes to go with jeans.

How about? (sorry about huge pic)

[pic of Alden barrie shell wingtip deleted]

Sizing on these? Good w/ straightish to slimish jeans (NS, PBJ 005 etc.)? Finally, worth almost $600?

I got tried on AE MacNeils (lightly scuffed up soles, shell cordovan stamp still visible) for about $200 recently; you can probably get brand new AE MacNeils for $325 or thereabout if you are patient and a common size.

But the Alden version has a nicer post-treatment of the shell. I think AE just takes it the way it comes from Horween, and Alden gives it another dye/color treatment.

Edit: One more thing: The AE MacNeil is a bit more of a pointy last than the Alden Barrie LW. Wish AE had a longwing on the same last as the Leeds, which they could use to compete head to head with the Alden Barrie and the Tricker's contry brogues and brogue boots.

dan138zig

Reaction score
IMG_1389.jpg
woolrich flannel. nothing special, it's just that i don't have any flannel shirt and want one. would that be good enough?

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Maybe not that particular color, but I found the wash on their dyed oxfords to be quite nice.

Do you how they fit? I'm assuming since I'm a M in BoO, I should get a M here?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't. They hadn't restocked their smaller sizes when I was there last so I didn't try them on. Send them an email though, they're pretty helpful.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
Spring Court g1 in all white VS. Adidas Samba in white w/ gum bottom?

Which one do you choose? Haven't worn all white shoes in years

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BRMC_doves
Spring Court g1 in all white VS. Adidas Samba in white w/ gum bottom?

Which one do you choose? Haven't worn all white shoes in years

If those are your choices....Spring Courts
The Adidas Resplits aren't bad though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads