1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. heyheyhey

heyheyhey Senior member

Damn, alternatives? Vans? Chucks?

2. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ adidas stan smith or rod laver are decent classics aswell, far better than those you posted.

3. Marcus Brody

Marcus Brody Senior member

The soles on my chucks are wearing through fast, so I may be needing something else soon. I was thinking Adidas Samba's, yes/no?

I'm very open to alternatives at this stage.

Black
    White
    [​IMG]

For a similar looking show, I've always been partial to the Ali Classics in addition to the Stan Smiths and Rod Lavers. The three of these have formed the center of my cheap casual sneaker collection since high school.

[​IMG]

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Those bottom ones are uglier than the normal sambas. Really people?

Stan Smith vintages are pretty solid if you need to have adidas or something for childhood memories.

5. heyheyhey

heyheyhey Senior member

I checked out the Stan Smiths, nice stuff. I'll sure consider them.

No, it doesn't have to be be adidas, I just saw a nice pair on the way home, liked what I saw.

6. Marcus Brody

Those bottom ones are uglier than the normal sambas. Really people?

Stan Smith vintages are pretty solid if you need to have adidas or something for childhood memories.

Assuming I correctly intuit that you are no great fan of Adidas, what would you go for on the cheaper side of the sneaker price range?

7. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I like. I don't know if I like it enough for $555, though.
    That's how I feel about them, too. Waiting to see if they'll show up in the Gilt sale this afternoon, and at a reasonable price...

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Assuming I correctly intuit that you are no great fan of Adidas, what would you go for on the cheaper side of the sneaker price range?

Stan Smith Vintage is the only model i actually like and have seen look good in fits. The normal cheaper stan smiths look.....cheap and well crappy. I can't remember what rod lavers look like.

Look around. Sneakers exist in all varieties at all price ranges. The adidas branding allover looks lame though. Sorry. Do you play indoor soccer? No? Pass. I see all kinds of people trying to wear them with raw denim on this board and it looks dumb.

*waits for someone to label superstars/sambas "classic" therefore making the users feel ok about looking lame*

9. Marcus Brody

*waits for someone to label superstars/sambas "classic" therefore making the users feel ok about looking lame*

Haha while I've never been a huge samba fan, I do like the superstars as well (aside from the toe guard). Umm, I mean, they're classic! [​IMG]

10. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

There are just so many different ones to choose from. Maybe one black and one brown. They're cheap but take about a month for shipping unless you do express for $30

The first two of you "brown only" sandals look nice to me, and the price is hard to beat, but I respond to their claim of historical authenticity with severely arched eyebrow. What, did archaeologists uncover some ancient shoe cobbler designs from the Levant?

11. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

I've been after a nice messanger bag for a while now, and have been interested in this APC one since I saw it on their site when it first came out, but I always balked at the price given I can't actually check the details out in person.

[​IMG]

It's currently $100 off at SW (who are having an APC sale [​IMG] at the moment), so SF, should I or shouldn't I?

12. mainy

mainy Senior member

The soles on my chucks are wearing through fast, so I may be needing something else soon. I was thinking Adidas Samba's, yes/no?

I'm very open to alternatives at this stage.

Black
    [IMhttp://www.schuhstore.co.uk/images/product/340539/3405397220_exlg.jpg[/IMG]
    White
    [IMhttp://www.schuhstore.co.uk/images/product/340539/3405391220_exlg.jpg[/IMG]

If you want a safe basic shoe, but not Chucks / Vans without spending Common Projects money, look at Spring Court. I'm really happy with the pairs I have, and they have some great basic designs

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

The first two of you "brown only" sandals look nice to me, and the price is hard to beat, but I respond to their claim of historical authenticity with severely arched eyebrow. What, did archaeologists uncover some ancient shoe cobbler designs from the Levant?
    Haha. I know what you mean. I guess they think people will want to buy them more because of the history? I dunno. But the leather and color look really nice on them and there is a wide variety of styles for $40 which is awesome. It just sucks waiting a month for them in the mail or almost paying the price of the shoe for shipping. I think i might order two pairs in december while on winter break and just wait the month since i won't wear them much during the winter (although florida winters are warm). How has jet not chimed in on my sandals post yet?

14. jet

jet Senior member

Because I couldn't bait anybody by my js post [​IMG]

Goddam I fucking hate sandals, happy? I wouldn't have seen my name if it wasn't bolded [​IMG]

15. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

16. bob

bob Senior member

17. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

vintage Black Sheep jacket. Ive been feeling vintage hunting camos lately. [​IMG] This one, or the plaid Polo coat I posted a couple of pages back?

18. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

19. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

Bobo, you could pull off both, but personally I like the Plaid Polo better.

20. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Senior member

that ebay plaid hunting jacket is great

polo does some great hunting stuff. At the local holt last call, there is a herringbone tweed and leather hunting vest, made in italy, top notch polo. What i just dont get about RL's sizing is in that vest, a small was seriously an xxl. wtf