Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

If I were you I would just save up money for the BoO sale on Gilt Groupe where shirts will more or less go for something like $100 a pop, stuff just fits you too good to pass up.
    Oh, that sounds great. Is there any set date for that, and do they ever have relatively basic patterns available? I'm currently looking for a solid pink and a light-blue striped.
    +1 on the look of the glasses and what a steal too. However, I'm not really a fan of wearing non-prescription eyeglasses. But if you like it, then you should wear it.

I was also at AA today and tried on some of their oxfords. They fit pretty well (though I did have to size down to an XS from my usual S), but the collar kept bothering me. It looked all wrong and out of place, but in your picture it looks fine. I think we have similar tastes and styles as well as body types. Let me know what you plan to do because I'm also in the same boat (in search of not too expensive slim fitting button downs).

edit: ha looks like you posted before I got my post in

Thanks. I figure if the glasses look good, I might as well wear them. Anyway, I also sized down at AA. If Rugby had XS oxfords, they'd work out well. Anyway, I'm thinking I might just search around for cheao BoO/ Black Fleece...

2. Lel

Lel Senior member

Oh, that sounds great. Is there any set date for that, and do they ever have relatively basic patterns available? I'm currently looking for a solid pink and a light-blue striped.

I heard late January a while back, but I'm not sure, might need to ask them directly for an updated guestimate.

The one I saw had plenty of overdyes, and stripes. I was fairly late on mine (like 30 min.) and I still managed to grab an XS but other people have had issues with being able to grab things. Either way I see lot's of S sized BoO on the B&S forums (check out SuFu too) for ~150.

3. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

I need to find glasses like the ones wmmk posted. I may end up looking like a stalker, but so be it.

Translated for GoSurface: "Damn son, wmmk got dem phat glasses that I gotta kop. Dey probably make me look like a creeper but dats cool."

4. PolePosition

PolePosition Senior member

Houndstooth

How about this to go with chinos and jeans. The measurements in chest and shoulder are right for me and it looks really similar to the Isaia Napoli sport coat in BS but much cheaper, albeit this is probably not as nice material-wise since I'm 99.9% sure its just some Asian sweatshop made knockoff lol. What you guys think? Yay or nay....I'm in it for the looks and the price, could care less that it has "armani" written in it.

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Coat is off the heezy b, is that fall 07?

yes sir. looks awesome. hopefully it is awesome

6. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

gaaaah...just saw "this" on yoox. "this" being the coat. looks amazing.

[​IMG]

I have the seamed blazer similar to that from the collection. I think that coat is also a similar cut to the single chalk stripe overcoat I have which is superb.

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

yoox us? you have a link-i didn;t see it

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

yoox us? you have a link-i didn;t see it

only a 48 left

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

very nice. i think i am going to buy the multi-color one from f/w 09 and will probably buy not much of anything til then. assumning it will be in the 3k range. this one is a steal

10. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I'm still sad that someone kop'd my margiela leather on yoox. I was waiting for a price drop.

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i have my eyes set on the grey peacoat for FW09 and one piece from SS09 and those blue shoes.

i am so happy i qualify for the $7500 first time home buyer tax credit

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

haha.

13. enfaz

enfaz Member

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

very nice. i think i am going to buy the multi-color one from f/w 09 and will probably buy not much of anything til then. assumning it will be in the 3k range. this one is a steal

i would get the multi color one, but i probably wouldn't wear it as much as the peacoat

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i agree. and hope it won;t seem ridiculous in a couple of seasons.