• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The layered leather makes it look like the tail of a dragon!

boxdiver

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Yep.

Thanks.

Any recommendations for something else? It will be my brown "casual" boot (or shoe) that can be worn with jeans or dressed up with chinos.

MikeinSoCal

Reaction score
1033562-p-DETAILED.jpg

Nordstrom has these Frye's wingtips on sale, thinking of picking them up.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1yx2x3.jpg
30biu1f.jpg
Usually don't bother with sneakers much but I sort of like the way these look (mostly from the front view). Am I marsupialed for thinking about getting these?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are the S2A italian army sneaks?

I like them alot I almost kopped

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have those exact jeans. I really disliked the denim itself (its really thin, and has elastane), which is why my pair got worn less than 5x total (they are a 31 [I think] if you want to buy them off me), but the fit is really good. I got a ton of compliments on them when I did wear them. So on that I would say if you're more concerned about fit than the fade and denim quality, then I'd kop those.

Edit: I take that back. Didn't notice they were kaihara selvedge denim. No idea where mine were made, but they were nonselvage, so they were definitely not the same. Since my biggest qualm was with the denim itself, I think that would be quite an improvement. So yeah, they seem pretty decent for the price.

chrisjr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
I have those exact jeans. I really disliked the denim itself (its really thin, and has elastane), which is why my pair got worn less than 5x total (they are a 31 [I think] if you want to buy them off me), but the fit is really good. I got a ton of compliments on them when I did wear them. So on that I would say if you're more concerned about fit than the fade and denim quality, then I'd kop those.

thanks for the response mate. what size waist do you wear in other brands (i can compare to nudie, nakes&famous, apc, cheap monday)? I think 31 will be too small. i'm trying to find a jean with some thinner denim to wear during the hot summer so this might be ideal.
cheers

benchan

Reaction score
Looking to get one of those red brick sole shoes.........How's this one for a start? Fair price at 125 USD?

img56749671.jpg

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Thinking about kopping Ervell navy pocket pima knit and Ervell shawl cardigan with brass snaps navy pima knit.

Do that s**t, Raz. Love me some Ervell knits. A word of caution on the pima knits...the soft hand and loose weave pattern lend themselves to getting snagged really easily, this comes from experience. Don't take the trash out near iron fences in it unless you stay within the lines like you're playing some Operation (showing my age).

Originally Posted by Kvc06
Yea, I just checked that out, I'm looking for good deals on Ervell knits

Check shopconfederacy's online store. They had a few or at least one nice one left on sale for a better deal can't remember what size.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Those are the S2A italian army sneaks?

I like them alot I almost kopped

They're Balenciaga, and Aeglus I want you to buy those so badly, Balenciaga makes the best high-end sneakers.

Do I want this or to save up for a winter coat or an eames chair?

amebiz99-img450x600-1278946260jfqney79188.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads