Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. newinny

newinny Senior member

I've realized is too hard to judge things off a simple pit to pit measurement. May fit very differently due to shoulders and size of arm holes. My chest is about the same as you and some 21" p2p jackets work out pretty for me.

where's it from btw?

Kitsune from End Clothing.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I want to see that with straight up normal tan and brown and mustard leopard print shirt, fuck I love uncontrol.

LOL

I don't have a tan and mustard leopard print, so a silver one will have to do

thanks.
    trying to google and it is some japanese website. is this like rakuten with some proxy service?

it's yahoo japan auction/mbok auction/marui OIOI (https://voi.0101.co.jp/voi/menstop/index.jsp) with a proxy. if you want more details on specific stuff PM me and i'm happy to help

3. Mountains

Mountains Senior member

[​IMG]

I like it, but it's a linen/cotton blind.

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

it's yahoo japan auction/mbok auction/marui OIOI (https://voi.0101.co.jp/voi/menstop/index.jsp) with a proxy. if you want more details on specific stuff PM me and i'm happy to help

thanks ! ill take a look

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

7. blynch

blynch Senior member

C&J both in black calf, not the pictured brown. Hallam (348 last) [​IMG] or Boswell (337 last) [​IMG] Boswell is ~$75 more, but it is hand grade instead of bench. I believe it also has a danite sole while the Hallam is leather soled. Would go for the Boswell no questions if it was leather soled, but as black is more formal I'm not sure about danite soles on it.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

hate both lasts which prevented me from getting c&j's

they have new sharper ones but the old ones from years ago were best

9. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

348 last is pretty nice, reasonably sleek but not too sleek. i much prefer the hallam, but i don't really like bluchers. hallam is often recommended on MC.

10. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

http://i28.tinypic.com/27xgk94.jpg I like it, but it's a linen/cotton blind.
    The relatively boxy cut, the peak lapels and the fabric's streakiness looks too grandpa-esque for my taste. I'm sure a lot of people over there at MC will like it, though...
    C&J both in black calf, not the pictured brown. Hallam (348 last) http://www.shoes.shoppingsection.co....fords-zoom.jpg or Boswell (337 last) http://www.shoes.shoppingsection.co....swell-zoom.jpg Boswell is ~$75 more, but it is hand grade instead of bench. I believe it also has a danite sole while the Hallam is leather soled. Would go for the Boswell no questions if it was leather soled, but as black is more formal I'm not sure about danite soles on it.
    If in doubt, I'd always choose look over quality and go with the Hallams, as I like the 348 last a little better and prefer "open-laced" Oxfords to "closed-laced" Derbys/Bluchers generally... Btw... I'm currently looking for a new pair of dress shoes as well and toy with the idea of getting these AS Handgrade "Brownings" made on the AS19 or AS48 last... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ...if I can find a 50% discount coupon someday. [​IMG]

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

C&J both in black calf, not the pictured brown.
    Hallam (348 last)

or

Boswell (337 last)

Boswell is ~$75 more, but it is hand grade instead of bench. I believe it also has a danite sole while the Hallam is leather soled. Would go for the Boswell no questions if it was leather soled, but as black is more formal I'm not sure about danite soles on it.

If it's just out of these two, get the Hallam. Especially if it's for wearing with a suit.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It's navy, looks nice but I am not sure of the taper flaps. [​IMG]

13. blynch

blynch Senior member

hate both lasts which prevented me from getting c&j's

they have new sharper ones but the old ones from years ago were best

If it's just out of these two, get the Hallam. Especially if it's for wearing with a suit.

Open to other options, considering these in particular due to a pretty good price. For occasional wear with a suit, but I'd probably wear them more often for work(slacks, no jacket).

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

just got this vince leather jacket off of gilt:

i remember a while back i tried on a leather jacket from vince, but i cant be sure if this is the same exact one. it fit slim, but this one says fit is 'regular'

not sure but i hope this runs trim like most vince. it's a good price. finally. hope this jacket is decent though.
    [​IMG]

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

[​IMG]
    still hesitating, fuuuu ¥30,000 (original price ¥50,000) already have so many casual jackets