• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

J.B.R

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a pair of Navy Boat shoes:
Cole Haan or Paraboot.

the Cole's say they are:Fully leather lined with comfort padded sock lining
which will make them nice to wear w/o socks.

However, I am digging the color of the Paraboot, minus their tag on the side.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's probably a good kop.

I kopped my lanvin highs in black patent black suede but my next pair will either be german army lows or MMM white high tops, I'll see what's around.

Want grey and black Achilles highs too. I'd kop Raf astros or vandals too if they show up in my size.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^ I actually have 2 pairs of German army trainers on their way to me from Germany as we speak. I bought them off German ebay for like $50 or so each, with shipping. Such a good price on an amazingly designed shoe if you just take the time to use German Ebay.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yeah I gotta grab two pair next week.

They are so nice, still great after all this time.

Really like the MMM hightops though, truely nice.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
^Haha

Kit always bringing the hate

Dude don't get yellow shoes, just pickup the classic whites or white grey on eBay / B+S

I didn't take his comment as hate at all!

A suede varsity is sounder better and better, just need to decide if I wanna commit and pick a colorway

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no I mean that Kit always puts the hate on Dior Homme denims, not you as such.

If your a good size (unlike me) you'll pick em up easily around 200 on B&S.

Also the suede varsity is really nice, one of the nicest items coming out of TOJ ATM, charly on SuFu has been doing mock ups via photo shop too.

A good pair of sneaks are worth thier weight in gold, CP's are pretty lame most of the time, most stuff
is over designed or hype beasty and then the good stuff doesn't get distribution online.

I could easily wear DH black raws, my new lanvins and a white t everyday.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
richard chai, imported, but from where? i sorta like the plaid shirts

how are they?

d-nice

Reaction score
^ I think they are made in China. I have tried one on before and it was nice but didnt feel like it was worth the 250+ price tag but for around a hundo, it might be worth it.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh still not worth it at that price then... RL custom fit plaids are only $50 and have the mop buttons etc too (made in china!)

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
richard chai, imported, but from where? i sorta like the plaid shirts

how are they?

I think they are great, especially the flannels. Some of the shirts are made in China (ie "imported"), and others are made in the USA, it depends on the specific item. Quality is very good though, with high quality fabrics, and buttons, basically what you would expect for a shirt in that price range or slightly higher, despite the country of origin. I have many shirts made in China and the US by Richard Chai, and quality seems to be nearly identical.

Edit: When I say they are good for the price, I mean at retail, not Gilt's prices. I think they are a steal at Gilt prices, it's too bad I already have 3/4 of the shirts on Gilt... and I paid retail for most of them.

d-nice

Reaction score
onion obviously knows a lot about the subject. I have a few pieces from Richard Chai and the quality is good. I picked up a cashmere sweater in the sale today.

Reaction score
Well I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping the coat, just not quite sure about size. I always seem to be between sizes... I'm thinking the shoulders are a bit snug on the small, but anyone have an opinion? It's also machine washable and is supposed to shrink up to 2%.

Small:

4479174377_4e8005469f_m.jpg

4479804462_1d8d00cbda_m.jpg

Medium:

4479184193_852d08943f_m.jpg

4479807704_001412f76a_m.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads