• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
I am attracted to this mainly because of the price (marked down).
Then you'd be buying it for all the wrong reasons. Pass.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was discussing this with Lachy the other day, can never get over how shawl collar's most of the time look like labia

Sup puss face

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Then you'd be buying it for all the wrong reasons. Pass.

Well... That, along with the fact I really need a sweater or knit soon.

I think they can look pretty good on someone with broad shoulders.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The size of the shawl, zig zag lines and weird choice of adding stripes ruin it for me.

Doctor

Reaction score
Cheers guys. Some chump kopped it right after I posted anyway
wink.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I have the KZO denim in black and like them a lot. The design and details are better than W+H denim and the quality is about the same. I normally wear size 29 jeans, but got 28 in KZO and they fit great. The fit is very slim, with just the right amount of relaxation so it doesn't look too tight. The legs taper, but its not overdone-- so you avoid having too skinny of looking ankles when wearing these. Of all the jeans I own the KZO fit reminds me of the W+H fit more than anything else, but KZO is slightly looser.

Additionally, the black KZO's don't have that annoying contrast selvage line on the rear pockets-- instead they have a tone-on-tone black line that adds to the looks rather than detracting from them.

I don't own any Diors, but I noticed the measurements for the size 28 KZO's on many Japanese web sites is nearly identical to that of Dior 19cm in the same size.

Originally Posted by TransparentCranium
I have the kzo in both black and indigo. Indigo has the perfect taper, but the black seem so taper less or less gradually, they have a much baggier look at the ankle. I just got them and they will be hitting the tailor soon to make them look the way the indigo's do. The fabric on the blacks is really really nice, has a really good feel. The indigo feel like any other higher than standard light weight raw denim. You may have some problems with quality in the stitching and construction, while the fabrics are quite nice, how they are put together pales in comparison to apc for reference. My indigo's pocket bags on the from pockets wore through and are not completely gone, and the zipper has been replaced twice. The thigh darting stitching tends to break and come undone, i've had it stiched over small openings multiple times now. With that said, I will probably continue to buy them, since I haven't found a better fitting jean anywhere.
Thanks. I snagged a pair of indigo (central denim pant) sized TTS. I am slightly perturbed by the quality comments, dude your jeans should not come apart like that. They're $200 + jeans, stitching should not come loose. That being said I did get them for fit, so that's good news, and I'll have to see how they look on me.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd take them to a tailor and ask them to do double up on the stitching in the tear-prone areas, may not be the 'ideal' solution but the stitching won't make any real difference to the appearance of the jeans and it will most likely save you headaches later on down the track.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Either buy a really good knit or don't buy anything at all.

Let the chump look a fool.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^That for me? I need at least one pair of jeans that fit well. I haven't bought any knits lately. I have my eye on 2 McQueen sweaters -
mcqueensweater.jpg
And this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT But I'm in the negative $ right now and can't pull the trigger on either. If I get a paycheck soon or sell a ton of my stuff maybe.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
for the doc

bubbleboys

Reaction score
shoes_iaec1182627.jpg
As a casual shoe for wearing with jeans and a fitted t-shirt

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guyapprentice
mens_rbcanvasblazer_main.jpg

navy blue cotton blazer, fits well, i'm just afraid it may shrink since its all cotton, as it fits perfectly off the rack...

thats Rag & Bone right?
i have a similar unlined jacket but in a summer striped version.

what on earth would possess you to put a blazer/sports jacket into a washing machine?
puzzled.gif
puzzled.gif

Originally Posted by bubbleboys
shoes_iaec1182627.jpg

As a casual shoe for wearing with jeans and a fitted t-shirt

omg. i just threw up a little bit in my mouth.
please dont support patagonia's destruction of the environment to create those abominations

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not only are they a disaster, he wants to wear them with a fitted tee. wtf. I like Patagonia for baselayers and shells only.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads