1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

2. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

Both pretty yawn worthy tbh.

3. theom-

theom- Senior member

Not looking for something flashy or heavy. Just wanna rock some sneakers, lightweight wool pants and pocket tees for the summer.

4. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

I like the first ones. The CP's are the "right" answer but the shape style just looks neutral to a fault to me.. I'm all for all white basic sneakers, just not those.

5. sebastianm

sebastianm Well-Known Member

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I like both and still dilly-dally over the choice. I definitely need something more color- and playful for Summer, as almost all of my lace-up shoes are all brown and black. If I go for the Comeys, I'd probably wear them - as for instance - with invisible socks, off-white, slim fitting, rolled up Loro Piana linen shorts and a brown MMM 10 shirt I bought quite recently, providing that it won't look too uniformly in terms of color. The Comeys are almost twice as expensive though, since the F&Bs are on 50% sale... =/

Do you really like the F&Bs or just like that they're on sale? I duno. They're ok but think the F&B shape works better in boot form than the low there.

tiger- I actually like both of those. Don't think you could go wrong either way. The CP mid is a nice shape that jeans/pants sit nicely over. The generic mans have a real nice colorway

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

I haven't ever seen an F+B shoe that I thought looked good. Love the boots though...Chrono's right, the shape doesn't work without a shaft attached to it. I know they're blue and all, but those Comey's look light-years better, especially for summer.

8. jet

jet Senior member

CP should stop making those mids they're just way too awkward looking.

9. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

Do you really like the F&Bs or just like that they're on sale? I duno. They're ok but think the F&B shape works better in boot form than the low there.
    Of course I like them. Buying stuff only because it's on sale so you can tell yourself "Wow, I picked up a bargain !" doesn't make much sense to me. I never did that. Unless I planned to resell the item from the start and make a profit. I admit that I wouldn't pay retail for those F&Bs though, as there are much better choices in the $400 range...
    I haven't ever seen an F+B shoe that I thought looked good. Love the boots though...Chrono's right, the shape doesn't work without a shaft attached to it. I know they're blue and all, but those Comey's look light-years better, especially for summer.
    I, on the other hand, like their shoes - with a few exceptions - actually better than most of their boots, which often tend too look a bit too tacky and overdesigned for my taste ( ecspecially those with the fugly "foreskin-look" ). Well,... I guess that's a matter of taste. And I don't think the shape looks weird at all. I even think it looks pretty normal and not much different compared to hundreds of other shoes out there. Either the pics I posted are a little deceiving, or we really think differently... Another pic: [​IMG] I agree that the Rachel Comeys are less clunky and even more summerly. I'm not sure if they're really worth $340 though. What do you guys think about RC quality ? Unfortunately, I've never handled a pair in person...

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

I guess they remind me off my blacksmith's clogs, which are good for gardening and not much else. If you like them, though, by all means - I don't mean to shit on opinions here. I'm not sure I would pay 340 for those RC's either...

11. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

LOL @ "clogs". Although this might sound a little exaggerated, I can see where you're coming from...

Yeah. $340 ( + shipping ) seems a bit pricey for a mid-tier shoe that is only partially made of leather...

12. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

13. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Yay or nay?

Yay.

And tell me where to get them.

14. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Opinions ?

F&B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rachel Comey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yay on both

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Not looking for something flashy or heavy. Just wanna rock some sneakers, lightweight wool pants and pocket tees for the summer.

using the word "rock" instead of "wear" does not make boring basics every day any more interesting

16. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Dislike those F&Bs more after seeing more pics. Dunno if i was really concerned about overall "quality" issues but just dont' like the look of them which in the long run i'm more concerned with. Comeys for me at least are much more attractive, interesting, and capable of doing good things in outfits while the f&bs seem like just ok, kinda clunky shoes with good quality to maybe wear under jeans or something (the shape doesn't lend itself well to slim sleek trousers). Comeys aren't vass or anything but they're solid enough. Do you wear the kinda clothes to work with either? Would make a big difference. Just don't like the f&bs regardless though but if you like gothier or workwear stuff then probably neither, but if you like kinda ervell, our legacy preppy/american stuff like say mellowfellow, ahk, pinkpantser, etc... then they'd work really great. Don't remember your fits so i dunno

17. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

as im still in college, im looking to buy a black derby/formal shoes that can be worn casually and also for interviews. i have come to a conclusion that grenson kirk/VE derbies are the best options. any more suggestions, but with similar price to the above mentioned shoes?

[​IMG]

um bump?

18. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

um bump?

Not a fan of derbies with such an elongated toe. Would prefer a more rounded toe, pretty sure they make one too.

19. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Yay.

And tell me where to get them.

Tres Bien

20. pronxs

pronxs Senior member