Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Markus Aurelius

Markus Aurelius Active Member

I'm gonna go Forrest Gump on this one.

My momma always used to ask me"Son, do you love it?", and if I said yes, well I'd go ahead and buy that there piece of clothing.

I always find that to be a great marker whenever I am making a decision about a potential purchase. Anybody else have a rule for which to buy?

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

3. genericman

genericman Senior member

[​IMG] or [​IMG]

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

[​IMG] I've really been trying for a pair of blacks but these are still pretty damned nice, can't decide whether to drop on them or not

5. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

[​IMG]
    It is better but you have way better options right now than that J.crew sweater. Since spring/summer is right around the corner there is a lot of stuff on sale still from f/w09. Check out the regular affilliates and other places, you could probably catch a sweater from Ervell, Rag & Bone, or Our Legacy on sale for the same price as that j.crew sweater. J.crew's sweater materials are pretty bad, they stretch out a lot, pill very quickly, and can fall apart easily. If you can get the J.crew sweater on like 50% or more, it might be worth a try, but again spend some time and look around there are plenty of better items for a similar price. Also check out the buy & sell forums on here and superfuture, always lots of knits changing hands.

6. blynch

blynch Senior member

[​IMG]

I've really been trying for a pair of blacks but these are still pretty damned nice, can't decide whether to drop on them or not

those look sick, snag if good quality

7. snake

snake Senior member

Agreed, boots look sick.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]

I've really been trying for a pair of blacks but these are still pretty damned nice, can't decide whether to drop on them or not

Would hate to have to go head to head with you. [​IMG]

Nah, just playing. I'd get it if I didn't have the Corso on order.

9. blynch

blynch Senior member

10. bubbleboys

bubbleboys Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

first pair of chelsea boots, plan on only sticking to one for a while, so sticking with black color

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

what are they anyways?
    Paul Smith x Triumph Daytonas. Only made in 07 iirc, in a sand suede, dark brown suede, and black suede.

13. eightysixed

eightysixed Well-Known Member

14. blynch

blynch Senior member

Paul Smith x Triumph Daytonas. Only made in 07 iirc, in a sand suede, dark brown suede, and black suede.

oh yea, remember you posting the sand suede ones now. I think the dark brown suede>>than the tan suede btw.

15. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Look alright. Probably fine for spring and fall. Just being cotton i'm imagining that it's not going to work in the dead of winter unless you layer a fair amount (thermal +sweater). Then again, i've been wearing this lined cotton h&m parka during the super cold -5 windchill days. Some people aren't satisfied unless they're sweating though.
    Only thing I can say is that their fit is all right, and they've been having a sample sale for about a year in SoHo. Quality-wise I'm not an expert by any stretch, but it seemed decent last time I checked them out. Lower mid-tier if I was an expert (I'm not). Go by season it was released or their description, if available.
    Thanks a lot for the help, guys. It's still $300, even on sale. For lower-mid tier, I would need to really want it to shell out that much for cotton, I think.
    [​IMG] or [​IMG]
    It's hard without an overhead pic, but the 1st one looks way better to me. The lower pic is blobby and the actual blucher part (what the heck is this called?) looks pretty cheap. Bad eyelets, too.
    I've really been trying for a pair of blacks but these are still pretty damned nice, can't decide whether to drop on them or not[/I]
    I agree that they look awesome, but I don't like the contrast stitching at all. Might be able to get over that, though.