1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. snake

snake Senior member

Mollino in dust

2. Jorran

Jorran Member

3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

caveat emptor, mollino is tight fitting. i'd wait for fall mollino in hammered lamb or calf. spring-weight kangaroo is not substantial enough for the price.

This:

[​IMG]

or this:

MMM cream suede travel ling bag / duffle

or this:

Raf Jacket

or Bauhaus Rick Owens jacket (not in this leather)
    [​IMG]

or RO Mollino in dust or black kangaroo:

[​IMG]

Or save my money and put into IRA?

4. avery

avery Senior member

the last is best. I tried it on yesterday and it was crack

you're in toronto right? where'd you try it on?

5. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

caveat emptor, mollino is tight fitting. i'd wait for fall mollino in hammered lamb or calf. spring-weight kangaroo is not substantial enough for the price.

Quite true. I was unimpressed with it in kangaroo. It felt so thin and, as kunk put it, unsubstantial. I liked the Julius moto I tried on a lot better, but then again, the Mollino is the best out of what you listed. Oh yah, the sizing is really small with the kangaroo. I dont know if its for all of the leathers, but I know the Kangaroo in small was way too small for me. I'm a small in virtually everything else ( 2 in Julius ) and I need an M or L.

you're in toronto right? where'd you try it on?

Sydney's. It's a clothing store on Queen right where Manning starts. It's beside an epic record store too! lol

6. user7

user7 Senior member

Quite true. I was unimpressed with it in kangaroo. It felt so thin and, as kunk put it, unsubstantial. I liked the Julius moto I tried on a lot better, but then again, the Mollino is the best out of what you listed. Oh yah, the sizing is really small with the kangaroo. I dont know if its for all of the leathers, but I know the Kangaroo in small was way too small for me. I'm a small in virtually everything else ( 2 in Julius ) and I need an M or L.

Really? I seem to be a 3 in Julius (first I tried on, sleeves were short, but body ok), and it fit the same as the Medium in Mollino. All the medium's RO I've tried on in the past few days seem to fit pretty well, although a tad tight in the chest. The fit pretty fitted though.

What do you guys think of this instead: http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ead.php?t=9266

It looks kinda cool, but it's hard to compare not having tried it. Am I stupid to consider paying retail for the Mollino? Are they somewhat easy to find on sale?

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

7. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Still on my quest for perfect sunglasses after losing my cheap Korean ones a couple months back. Anyways, don't want to compare myself to the most manly of all men, but do you think I can pull these off fairly well? Not expensive but I doubt there's any place in Korea that has them for me to try on.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty much blind in summer without decent sunglasses so a flattering pair is pretty important to me!

8. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

Really? I seem to be a 3 in Julius (first I tried on, sleeves were short, but body ok), and it fit the same as the Medium in Mollino. All the medium's RO I've tried on in the past few days seem to fit pretty well, although a tad tight in the chest. The fit pretty fitted though.

What do you guys think of this instead: http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ead.php?t=9266

It looks kinda cool, but it's hard to compare not having tried it. Am I stupid to consider paying retail for the Mollino? Are they somewhat easy to find on sale?

yah man, totally serious. I was not able to zip it up and a Julius 2 fits me perfectly. Also, the sleeves were long as hell on me [​IMG]. I'm 5'7'' and 135 and a small RO is a disaster for me to wear lol. Looks like its only Julius for my leathers brah.

P.S what's retail where you are? Over here its 3900 IIRC. Either way, you're still nuts for considering retail.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

10. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

11. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

PC navy trench [​IMG] at Context for 35% off or should I hold out for TOJ? Dunno when it's gonna get completed finally, but what do you all think? Gotta get that spring outerwear going on. TOJ would probably be a better/more versatile color, but would cost more, too IIRC.

12. Nananine

Nananine Senior member

Bed Stu Artillery Boot

[​IMG]

Basically an Ann D. copy for Doc Martens prices. Tongue seems a little longer (too long, almost).

It's either that or... a pair of Docs.

13. BenR

BenR Active Member

^^I wouldn't; stuff really isn't very ncie. If I were you, I'd just snag some trickers or loake off ebay or b&s for considerable price.

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Just say no to Bed Stu.

15. Wu Dynasty

Wu Dynasty Senior member

Man those Bed Stu's are tempting. The silhouette is awesome, but that leather looks like shit.

16. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

17. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Bed Stu Artillery Boot [​IMG] Basically an Ann D. copy for Doc Martens prices. Tongue seems a little longer (too long, almost). It's either that or... a pair of Docs.
    Have you ever felt them before? Go into an urban outfitters and take a feel for yourself. I can definitely deal with cheaper goods if the styling/fit is right but these feel ridiculously bad. I actually have felt some bed stu boots that aren't that bad and feel pretty sturdy and good for the price. These ones however are just miserable, thin and extremely uncomfortable. Trust me, i considered it when i saw them on sale once. I didn't know it was possible to make fake leather that thin. It's nuts. I couldn't possibly endorse an item less

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

kop that one on sz, fast.

19. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

20. user7

user7 Senior member

Where is this for sale.

MMM london. I think it's around 550 pounds. They have at least one left if you are interested:

+4402076292682 / 22brutonstreet_Store@margiela.com

The guy named panos or danos was very helpful.