Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Razele

Razele Senior member

Im going to do econ

In healthcare ATM, was going to do RN --> Medicine, but pretty jaded on that, happened to find out that I madly love economics, so I start my BEonSci mid 2010. I'll just keeping working as RN till then, money is great and hours are flexible as.

Should be good.

People who do Med should understand that it's not as easy as "oh I got into radiology lol" the amount of consultants who were like 'Don't do med, do dentistry/business/consultation' was insane, almost every single one, I had alot of surgical consultants honestly straight up tell me "I hate my life"

It's silly hard to get into certain specialties here, and in alot of cases it's just a closed shop.

2. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

My new years resolution is to go back and finish school via the CAE (Centre for Adult Education). I left for many reasons that aren't relevant anymore, most of which I will admit were pretty stupid. But I am mature enough now to realise the importance of a good education, particularly in these tough times and I'm not going to wait until I am unsuccesful in my dream job to seek an alternate choice of career.

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

4. arrrrrrr

arrrrrrr Member

1 every 2 hours in Toronto! [​IMG]

how the heck do you make 200 an hour as a 19 year old?? hook me up im almost 19...

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

go to school for something intelligent (ie a science like computers). Do it and do it well. Master the fuck out of it. My first job out of college paid 6 figures. A year later my 2nd job pays almost 40% more. liberal arts are all BS. It will get you nowhere. Law and medicine (radiology,neurology, etc) are the two options if you want to go big time. Stick with computers though [​IMG] you can't beat the hours and you don't need to go in debt to do it.

Or you can just date SoCal2NYC.

FWIW I'd trade the ability to buy anything I want for the ability not to be an IT guy.

6. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

pair of barker black suede desert boots? [​IMG] $220.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

People are going to say no because it's D&G but it will be cut nicely and while the quality won't match the price, it's not like it's going to auto-destruct after 10 minutes of wear (despite what some people say).

So it's overpriced and you probably knew that already but you like it then just get it, I see nothing gaudy about the design.

I really like it and saw at NM yesterday, the leather is buttery soft, very comfortable and fit great. The price actually isn't bad at retail for $995 considering other D&G leather jackets are usually $1500+ and doesn't have any monogram or visible D&G logo. I'd still wait and try and catch it on sale though.

Thanks!

8. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

FWIW I'd trade the ability to buy anything I want for the ability not to be an IT guy.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. jks279

jks279 Senior member

10. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

No those are gross.

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm trying to decide if I should size down one size on this Apolis CPO. Context's measurements were small by about 1.5 inches (total of 3!) in the chest, but it is fully quilted and is basically a jacket. One size lower should be an inch smaller (actually two total) in the chest and an inch narrower in the shoulders. Otherwise, it should be the same. The shoulders on all sizes are a bit wide.

[photo removed, keeping it]

12. APK

APK Senior member

I'm completing a BA in a liberal arts area, so I long ago accepted that I'll probably never be able to buy whatever I want on a whim. I'm OK with that, though. I like nice things, but would rather do something I truly enjoy rather than something that pays really well, but I dislike.

With regards to buying expensive stuff, it's a common perception upon coming to a place like this. Even after you're acclimated, there's still a distinction between what a novice would perceive as costly and baller status. When I joined, I thought it was comical how people were paying more than $50-$60 for denim, $30 for a button-up, etc.

As you learn more about this stuff and gain a better appreciation for things such as construction, detailing, and fit, those same prices don't cause the same degree of sticker shock.

13. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

@ziss would it shrink just a tad bit after a wash? I think it's a good casual fit. you're too used to MTM =p

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

You are right about the MTM, wahwho [​IMG] Sometimes I obsess far too much about fit. It won't shrink because it is wool/mink/cashmere. Actually, I just tried on the CPO with another shirt over my t shirt and it fits better. I could maybe lose an inch of the chest, but not off the shoulders without it being too tight. It looks a lot better with a BD under it. It's an awesome shirt. Time to sell my EG CPO...

15. Doin' Fine.

Doin' Fine. Senior member

^Definitely go down a size, just by numbers the fit would be more proportionate. Nice kop btw.