• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jplicks

Reaction score
I found what seems to be a great deal on the much coveted Kaptain Sunshine Traveler in my size on YJP: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n1077467123

Considering kopping, but the relatively low price makes me feel like there must be a catch. Are there fake travelers floating around? Something else I'm missing? Or is the cost of this coat just much lower in Japan? Also, how much do folks with more proxy experience estimate shipping would cost?

Apologies if this isn't the right thread to ask proxy questions in, I'm new around here and happy to take it whenever makes sense!
Update on this: ultimately I decided not to go for it, simply because the gray was too light in color. I'm pretty sure I want a darker one, ideally black. If anyone has a lead on a 38 let me know!

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
I'm looking for a thin brown dress belt with a roundish buckle. Does anyone have any suggestions for brands that have somewhat high quality leather belts? Something around $150?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alternative to NBs?

Img_2023_03_05_14_01_17.jpeg
Img_2023_03_05_14_01_27.jpeg
Img_2023_03_05_14_00_47.jpeg

dench127

Reaction score

Very tempted, not many Forestiere options out there. Aside from the high-ish price, thoughts on the style? I feel the french BoBo connotations aren't really understood in the US and no one would recognize the style.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Very tempted, not many Forestiere options out there. Aside from the high-ish price, thoughts on the style? I feel the french BoBo connotations aren't really understood in the US and no one would recognize the style.
The associations aren't with bobos....

People in Arnys
BerJaRet.png

arnys.jpg

mitteraw.png

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rather mundane question that I am overthinking but I need some recommendations on 5 pocket travel pants. I will be traveling in winter and shamelessly borrowing from this outfit:

ADDD7004-861A-44E7-8FAA-213ED970FA8E.jpeg

Pants options I’m looking at are:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few S & M I like, I also have some of these that I really like:

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rather mundane question that I am overthinking but I need some recommendations on 5 pocket travel pants. I will be traveling in winter and shamelessly borrowing from this outfit:

View attachment 1940647

Pants options I’m looking at are:

I would recommend Spoke (they do a five pocket). The size range and returns policy are both fantastic so you can get perfect pants and the pricing is very reasonable for the service.

The quality is far superior to store bought brands like PRL and Levi's (They are a British company and the manufacturing is done in Portugal)

hysteria

Reaction score
I would recommend Spoke (they do a five pocket). The size range and returns policy are both fantastic so you can get perfect pants and the pricing is very reasonable for the service.

The quality is far superior to store bought brands like PRL and Levi's (They are a British company and the manufacturing is done in Portugal)

Which of their items have you tried? Chinos, jeans, 5-pocket?
I am looking at their 5-pocket but the jeans also look interesting. Haven't really found a jean maker that I really like yet for the price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads