• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jmiller123

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a Freenote Rider's Jacket in either

Oak

View attachment 1864271

or Rust

View attachment 1864273

Feels like it fits a hole in my wardrobe (brownish jacket, waxed canvas, more cropped silhouette than most of my jackets). Also pretty unique with the lining and a bit of unique details for a Type 3 esque jacket.

I certainly don't *need* it though.
I have this jacket in Tobacco and wear it all the time. The quality is top notch and I don't personally feel it's too long, especially if you don't tuck your shirts. Temperature range is roughly 40-65 degrees depending on how you layer. Of the two colors here, I'd shoot for the Oak. Freenote also did a collaboration release of the Oak with alpaca lining that looks really nice, actually considering picking this one up myself.

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 9.59.05 PM.png

schraiber

Reaction score
I have this jacket in Tobacco and wear it all the time. The quality is top notch and I don't personally feel it's too long, especially if you don't tuck your shirts. Temperature range is roughly 40-65 degrees depending on how you layer. Of the two colors here, I'd shoot for the Oak. Freenote also did a collaboration release of the Oak with alpaca lining that looks really nice, actually considering picking this one up myself.

View attachment 1864296
Got any fit pics with it? Would love to see it in the wild. Particularly with an untucked shirt but I'll take anything you got

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't personally feel it's too long, especially if you don't tuck your shirts.
Yeah I tuck in most shirts, and too long for me does not too long for someone else make.
I still don’t love it though 😅

Jaker12

Reaction score
Considering buying this 3 button Isaia Base S sport coat - 75% wool, 25% linen off eBay. Does the lapel look a little "weak" to anyone? It doesn't look like it really extends to the second button as I would expect. Maybe it's just the photo? Also thoughts on a sport coat with linen in the mix for 3 season wear?

s-l400 (1).jpg
s-l400 (2).jpg

grwu7

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but what is the general consensus on the quality of Mr P items these days? I'm liking some of their jackets and there is a sale right now.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sweater?

i'm more a fan of the white, which @#dadcore had a really great pic on the WAYWT thread.

also now more than half off

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @DavidLane

Votes: 19 26.8%