• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

zenosparadox

Reaction score
Another round of "which one should I buy?" I've whittled my options down to two and want to solicit a few opinions before deciding.

The first is South2 West8 - poly ripstop shell, quilted lining, down filled, hand pockets, adjustable cuffs, snap closures.
JO760A-OLIVE-1_x2400.jpg.jpg

The second one is Arpenteur's loft jacket: Primaloft insulation, nylon shell, polyester lining, hand pockets, ribbed merino cuffs.

loft-j-lovat-green.jpg

Luellwitz

Reaction score
Another round of "which one should I buy?" I've whittled my options down to two and want to solicit a few opinions before deciding.

The first is South2 West8 - poly ripstop shell, quilted lining, down filled, hand pockets, adjustable cuffs, snap closures.
View attachment 1741378

The second one is Arpenteur's loft jacket: Primaloft insulation, nylon shell, polyester lining, hand pockets, ribbed merino cuffs.

View attachment 1741379
First. Great looking coat.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd have to say first too - although a lot depends on the overall look you're going for - although they are both versatile and quite similar in their functional qualities, the first seems to have a little more of a workwear feel, whereas the second leans more towards techwear.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Aren't the silhouettes very different? I thought the Arpenteur one was a lot roomier, balloon-shaped? I think you'll want to focus on the difference in shapes first, details second for these.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the popular shoulders-tucked-in arms-down product shots look clean and nice but tend to give a very different impression of what the actual shape and drape of the clothing looks like. Fit pics or mannequin shots usually offer a lot more real-world utility for me.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like, I think I have a longer coat with that style of side entry pocket and they're pretty sweet.

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michaelll