• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

whipcord

Reaction score
I think you are probably in the wrong part of the forum. I don't think this is the best example of its kind I've seen, but the idea of a patterned jacket like this isn't in itself a bad aesthetic.
The jacket is definitely an interesting piece, but I could never pull something like that off. I always remind myself that patterns are best left for people with more imagination and style than myself. Aside from my flannels and a couple patterned sweaters, I mostly buy solids and focus on interesting color combos and textures. I would probably look ridiculous in that jacket.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If it’s true patchwork, it’s pretty neat. If it’s a print, I dunno. Still kinda cool

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket looks great.

Where’s it from if you don’t mind me asking?
It's Eastlogue and sold from Namu shop

The jacket is definitely an interesting piece, but I could never pull something like that off. I always remind myself that patterns are best left for people with more imagination and style than myself. Aside from my flannels and a couple patterned sweaters, I mostly buy solids and focus on interesting color combos and textures. I would probably look ridiculous in that jacket.
I don't think it'd be hard to style, just keep everything else simple. Not sure if I'll get it yet, wondering if thinsulate is too warm for California.

But I'd wear it with a white hoodie and relaxed black sweatpants or black/navy/dark grey/olive pants on colder days. Ditch the hoodie when it's not as cold. Boots or casual lace ups for shoes.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members