• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Everywhere is sold out of Merz Schwanen S72 grey wool socks (the grey S73s shrink too much). Any similar alternatives?

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jaaz16

Reaction score
I like these beefy soles but I'm waffling on the style. I was initially leaning toward the plain penny (pic 3 in the IG link) but think the heavy sole might look more balanced with something on top, like the tassel (pic 2 in the IG link). Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 9.59.29 AM.png

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like these beefy soles but I'm waffling on the style. I was initially leaning toward the plain penny (pic 3 in the IG link) but think the heavy sole might look more balanced with something on top, like the tassel (pic 2 in the IG link). Any thoughts?

View attachment 1717463
The tassle ones are the only one of the three that just don't make sense to me. I like the first and third though.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Christmas is around the corner, but my social anxiety is already getting worked up thinking about my extended family asking me when I’m planning to have kids.

I’d like to get ahead of the conversation by bringing my judgement into question.

I was thinking a Balenciaga hoodie could do the trick, but perhaps too modest. Another option could be some ostentatious leather pants, but I’m afraid they’d think they’re from Zara and my squandered finances would be in vain. I have a Code Red maneuver in case of an absolute emergency, which I’ve dubbed “Now we know why he defaulted on his student loans”, but this can only be exercised in the most extreme of circumstances.

Open to suggestions.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on these boots? I like the idea of a black roughout chelsea, but not entirely sure what I think of the sole. I don’t necessarily hate it, and may actually like it - more ambivalent, I guess. Looks a bit to me like a Rick Owens vibe, or what I imagine when I think Rick Owens, which is likely entirely off-base, and just something I never totally vibed with. But the difference may just be a bit exciting. Try them out or pass?
52AD74AE-BB87-437E-810C-BDACE920C035.jpeg

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on these boots? I like the idea of a black roughout chelsea, but not entirely sure what I think of the sole. I don’t necessarily hate it, and may actually like it - more ambivalent, I guess. Looks a bit to me like a Rick Owens vibe, or what I imagine when I think Rick Owens, which is likely entirely off-base, and just something I never totally vibed with. But the difference may just be a bit exciting. Try them out or pass?
View attachment 1718219
I would prefer a slender version, I feel that its sole would limit their usage to very casual fits. On the same line of black mate suede, you could consider the Wolverine BLVD, which are on sale, at a very reasonable price.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members