• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of Crabtree. Nice stuff?
No experience with their trousers, but I've heard good things about their MTM stuff. I have one of their sweaters, which is nice (I think it's made by Lockie).

One more corduroy option for you:

noobanker

Reaction score
How do I stop buying new clothes and bags and other unnecessary things that relate to my attire? This is really getting out of hand lol.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of friends that live in Milan. They could buy anything and they shop at the Slowear (Incotex) stores. I really like the current regular cut Incotex/Slowear corduroys. I would skip their jeans.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of friends that live in Milan. They could buy anything and they shop at the Slowear (Incotex) stores. I really like the current regular cut Incotex/Slowear corduroys. I would skip their jeans.

Is the "regular fit" still aggressively low rise (sub 10") and skinny (19 cm hem)?

Demodocus

Reaction score
Looking at two overcoats by the same manufacturer (Dielmar, a top national manufacturer currently on its last legs) for comparative peanuts, but my budget is quite limited. One of them is tagged M/38 by the seller and the other 48 (same size, only European this time, I believe). My current overcoat is EU46 (US36) and quite roomy at that, but I have tried a size 48 raincoat which fit perfectly over a jacket, so there is room for variation between brands etc. My problem is that trying them on beforehand might not be feasible in both cases and I'm not sure which measurements would be useful.

The 38 one is 55cm/22in pit to pit according to the seller (my overcoat is 50cm/20in), but I'm not sure this is useful at all. She can't give me shoulder to shoulder measurements as it's a Raglan-sleeved balmacaan and I understand these are loose fitting coats anyway. I'm not sure what to do.

tamimasa

Reaction score
Light blue jacket. I think it's a 3-roll-2 jacket, but the store unknowingly buttoned the first one, so it looks kinda strange.
Since it is more of a summer piece, it is heavily discounted. To buy or not to buy?

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 6.16.41 PM.png

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Recommendations for blue corduroy pants, trouser or 5 pocket but no easy pants or pleats?

Orslow only have the 107 fit, which was too narrow in the largest size they have and Glenn’s Denim didn’t quite make the cut for me.

Have you searched O'Connell's or Cordings?

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Pass on the jacket and seconded on Cordings for flat front cords. Available in every colour imaginable in both narrow and wide wale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads