• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patterned pants seem to be scary for many people. But the pics you put up showed how you wear them effectively: pair with plainer, darker, tops, like the black turtleneck or with something very contrasting, like the washed denim shirt. In any case, these pants aren't that crazy and the pattern resolves itself at a distance into a subtler stripe.

But in the end, @DoubleDouble, only you are going to know if it's the kind of thing you are really going to wear.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty similar pair, Prada a few seasons ago, but in grey and I've found them to be pretty versatile. At first I thought they looked a bit too much like morning suit trousers but I've found them to work with anything from a velvet blazer to a hoodie.
You really need to start to post fits pics.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need pants.

I love the look of these Barbanera trousers from afar:

But looking closer the pattern is… pretty unique. Because I need pants I'm scared these may not be versatile enough.

View attachment 1710030

I love how the Barbanera guys and Mark Maggiori pair more formal trousers with western shirts, odd sport coats, and chunky sweaters. Open to suggestions for other trousers, but about these ones: should I or shouldn't I?
I don't know about the pants, but I am pretty sure that it helps if you're a handsome Italian dude with a chiseled face and silver fox hair.

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
I don't know about the pants, but I am pretty sure that it helps if you're a handsome Italian dude with a chiseled face and silver fox hair.
Alas, I am just an average Italian dude with a soft face and crazy curly hair.

gnu

Reaction score
Black or brown Valstar Clint. I think I prefer the black but feel that the brown may be more versatile.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Any recommendations on beltmakers who could make a ranger-style belt (single-layer but tapered ends) and affix a buckle set I provided? I used an affordable maker Derek recommended a few months ago but need a larger size now. I also am looking for a step up in quality.

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 13.3%