• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patterned pants seem to be scary for many people. But the pics you put up showed how you wear them effectively: pair with plainer, darker, tops, like the black turtleneck or with something very contrasting, like the washed denim shirt. In any case, these pants aren't that crazy and the pattern resolves itself at a distance into a subtler stripe.

But in the end, @DoubleDouble, only you are going to know if it's the kind of thing you are really going to wear.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty similar pair, Prada a few seasons ago, but in grey and I've found them to be pretty versatile. At first I thought they looked a bit too much like morning suit trousers but I've found them to work with anything from a velvet blazer to a hoodie.

You really need to start to post fits pics.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need pants.

I love the look of these Barbanera trousers from afar:

But looking closer the pattern is… pretty unique. Because I need pants I'm scared these may not be versatile enough.

View attachment 1710030

I love how the Barbanera guys and Mark Maggiori pair more formal trousers with western shirts, odd sport coats, and chunky sweaters. Open to suggestions for other trousers, but about these ones: should I or shouldn't I?

I don't know about the pants, but I am pretty sure that it helps if you're a handsome Italian dude with a chiseled face and silver fox hair.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EG corduroy NB jacket

1627323910egnbjackets_6455.jpeg
1627394011egnbjackets_6459.jpeg
Screenshot_20211121_111955_com.mrp.jpg

gnu

Reaction score
Black or brown Valstar Clint. I think I prefer the black but feel that the brown may be more versatile.

gnu

Reaction score
Fair enough. Black it is.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on beltmakers who could make a ranger-style belt (single-layer but tapered ends) and affix a buckle set I provided? I used an affordable maker Derek recommended a few months ago but need a larger size now. I also am looking for a step up in quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads