• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The shade of suede is great. I really like the relaxed fit on that guy too

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's one of the only suede jackets I've seen that's ever made me wish I had a suede jacket. I love the shape and the details.

upsett1_spaghett1

Reaction score
I really like this belt, but not sure if it’s too “pretty” for my aesthetic

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing is too pretty, fuck that. Nobody will notice but you anyway.
Seriously, even if you have a super-defined aesthetic, accessories is the one thing you can fuck around with and be a bit playful about.
Not advocating fun socks to be clear.

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don’t think it’s pretty? I think it is. Anyway, I bought it. Fuck it, I’m too old to try boring things.
I mean, yeah it's *pretty* I guess, just wasn't sure what you meant by too pretty.

Yeah it's a great belt who cares just wear it.

upsett1_spaghett1

Reaction score
I mean, yeah it's *pretty* I guess, just wasn't sure what you meant by too pretty.

Yeah it's a great belt who cares just wear it.
I think I meant is it too lively and ornate for my general aesthetic which tends toward solid colors but you’re right, it’s a really dope belt I’m gonna just wear it

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I meant is it too lively and ornate for my general aesthetic which tends toward solid colors but you’re right, it’s a really dope belt I’m gonna just wear it
Sounds boring. Glad you're not being boring.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
I'd say if you like something, regardless of how much it fits in with what you currently have, then that is your "aesthetic" and you should pursue it. There's no fun in not being able to be wear what you want because you've bought too deep into a particular way of dressing. I found myself in that rut and it took a while to escape, almost like the awkward phase of growing your hair out. I'm much happier now that I have a versatile wardrobe and can wear whatever I feel like. Inevitably, it won't be for everyone so you'll get some feedback online saying you should revert back to "such and such prescribed style", but just gotta stick with what brings you joy. #MarieKondo

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These belts came out really small though 😫

did you size up a lot as per our guidance?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.