• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

upsett1_spaghett1

Reaction score
Mccoys or Flat Head

Mccoys
47014-DE3-133-E-4-F6-D-BB36-FB4126948-AF

Flat head
0-E0455-E7-B0-FB-494-D-8-F05-1-D360-ADE9
I think the RMC looks better. Flathead just looks somewhat uncomfortable.

another consideration...is the Flathead made of horsehide? If so, the sleeves shorten as they crease and wrap to your arms with wear. They’re already kinda short so I might go for the RMC based on that alone

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage NASCAR shirt is giving me the haunting.. $115 though 😬 ya or no?

View attachment 1638060
I tend to avoid things that become extremely trendy, much as I may be initially drawn to them. It’s not just a knee-jerk cooler-than-thou reaction to trends. It’s because I know I almost always regret purchases I’ve made on that basis. And as far as extremely trendy goes, not much can match vintage Ts right now.

jaaz16

Reaction score
Is vans sizing tts brannock?
I do TTS sneakers for lace ups (so, up 1 from my Brannock: 8.5–>9.5). I used to go down .5 from sneakers (up .5 from brannock) but they was too small in retrospect. I do however go down .5 from sneakers (up .5 from Brannock) on my Vans Vault slipons.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the crap old tees a thing?
If so, I have a bin full of them.
Starting @ $200, I offer a "Free OJ" and a Bart Simpson Oakland A's tee in mint condition.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is the crap old tees a thing?
If so, I have a bin full of them.
Starting @ $200, I offer a "Free OJ" and a Bart Simpson Oakland A's tee in mint condition.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I have two.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would want to wear a Nascar T-shirt of any vintage, but that one looks particularly bad. And at $115, someone is laughing all the way to the bank.
Pair it with some Oakleys and you got a good redneck dad look going on. It’s fun 👍

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is dumber than GME stock.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is dumber than GME stock.
I would love to find my old 90s tees, but have no idea where they are. Used to have some great ones, although I don't know if they'd fit me anymore.

I'd happily buy some old rap tees, but those are near the top of the price scale in terms of this trend.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to find my old 90s tees, but have no idea where they are. Used to have some great ones, although I don't know if they'd fit me anymore.

I'd happily buy some old rap tees, but those are near the top of the price scale in terms of this trend.
Every t-shirt I wore in the 90s is exactly where it should be...a landfill.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw a wutang shirt at the rose bowl flea market last weekend for 1.3k 😬

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I saw a wutang shirt at the rose bowl flea market last weekend for 1.3k 😬
The weird thing about that trend is that it veers towards the most mallcore of 90s tees. I remember Wu-Tang shirts were considered wack in the 90s, even though everyone liked the group. Same with the super expensive Fugees and Tupac type of tees.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.