• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

HollyJoint

Reaction score
Am I going to buy a wayfarer, undecided on buying normal g15 or polarized lenses, is it worth the extra money for polarized or not?

Reactions: kjb

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I going to buy a wayfarer, undecided on buying normal g15 or polarized lenses, is it worth the extra money for polarized or not?

People prefer different things, but I for one will never buy non-polarized lenses again.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a debate about polarized vs non-polarized a few months ago. I have tried both and prefer polarized. Guess it depends largely on what your outdoor activities are -- skiiing, fishing, reading outdoors, etc.

HollyJoint

Reaction score
There was a debate about polarized vs non-polarized a few months ago. I have tried both and prefer polarized. Guess it depends largely on what your outdoor activities are -- skiiing, fishing, reading outdoors, etc.
advantages of polarized is only in water sports or snow? Does the day to day in the city also bring any advantage?
I walk on the beach a lot in the summer, but I don't do water sports, I surf but obviously I won't surf with my sunglasses on..

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not an expert on this but I am sure there are lots of on-line resources, which discuss the differences between polarized and non-polarized.

I would think if you walk on the beach, you would benefit from polarized lenses.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
advantages of polarized is only in water sports or snow? Does the day to day in the city also bring any advantage?
I walk on the beach a lot in the summer, but I don't do water sports, I surf but obviously I won't surf with my sunglasses on..
It just takes the glare off of surfaces, namely water, but also car hoods and the like. I switched to a polarized pair recently and it's nice, I suppose, but not that much of a difference, other than the rear windshield now appears like a grid in my rearview mirror. I think UV protection (which is not the same as polarized) and anti-reflective back-coating are probably more important.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I genuinely believe I get a clearer image all around when I wear polarized lenses but it may just be mental. I fish a lot so obviously they are a requirement there. But I also wear sunglasses 100% of the time when I’m driving in the daytime (rain, shine, cloudy, whatever) and I prefer polarized still for that.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me it’s mostly driving on rainy days. I find polarized glasses cuts down the glare, just the same way it does when you’re on the water.

I don’t have sensitive eyes, so while polarized glasses are better, it’s not a deal breaker for me if I like the frames.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.