• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DDB8C760-7075-4F54-BE9D-86B72309685F.jpeg

HollyJoint

Reaction score
Am I going to buy a wayfarer, undecided on buying normal g15 or polarized lenses, is it worth the extra money for polarized or not?

805289126591__STD__shad__qt.png

Reactions: kjb

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I going to buy a wayfarer, undecided on buying normal g15 or polarized lenses, is it worth the extra money for polarized or not?

805289126591__STD__shad__qt.png

People prefer different things, but I for one will never buy non-polarized lenses again.

HollyJoint

Reaction score
There was a debate about polarized vs non-polarized a few months ago. I have tried both and prefer polarized. Guess it depends largely on what your outdoor activities are -- skiiing, fishing, reading outdoors, etc.

advantages of polarized is only in water sports or snow? Does the day to day in the city also bring any advantage?
I walk on the beach a lot in the summer, but I don't do water sports, I surf but obviously I won't surf with my sunglasses on..

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
advantages of polarized is only in water sports or snow? Does the day to day in the city also bring any advantage?
I walk on the beach a lot in the summer, but I don't do water sports, I surf but obviously I won't surf with my sunglasses on..

It just takes the glare off of surfaces, namely water, but also car hoods and the like. I switched to a polarized pair recently and it's nice, I suppose, but not that much of a difference, other than the rear windshield now appears like a grid in my rearview mirror. I think UV protection (which is not the same as polarized) and anti-reflective back-coating are probably more important.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I genuinely believe I get a clearer image all around when I wear polarized lenses but it may just be mental. I fish a lot so obviously they are a requirement there. But I also wear sunglasses 100% of the time when I’m driving in the daytime (rain, shine, cloudy, whatever) and I prefer polarized still for that.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me it’s mostly driving on rainy days. I find polarized glasses cuts down the glare, just the same way it does when you’re on the water.

I don’t have sensitive eyes, so while polarized glasses are better, it’s not a deal breaker for me if I like the frames.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads