• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to my gf it is. And I think I agree. Size 36 (which is basically a size 34) has an 11'' leg opening.
Real weird, I could see you being not hippy enough for flared jeans, but arent flares *for* hippies? Being too hippie for flares does not compute.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it looks good. However, black seems a bit serious and sober for a straw hat. I probably would not purchase it, but if you are going for multiple straw hats, I guess you can use the variety.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hippy ≠ hippy is peak SF
And here I was not knowing that hippy (as in having large hips) was even a thing. Adds to the confusion where hippy (as in free love and peace) is one of Kapital's things.

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
Any idea how far in the future the next seasonal sale is at The Rake? Contemplating getting this shirt at full price.
1623695676899.png

zenosparadox

Reaction score
Should I buy the classic or a variation on the classic (in cotton herringbone and sashiko):

The classic:

22-03-2021_RL_01-6002-84_1_1.jpg

The variation on the classic:

TYPEII-JACKET_1_1800x1800.jpg

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
I feel like they are so different it's impossible to answer without knowing a bit about your wardrobe or what you're looking for. If you don't have a denim jacket already I'd say go with the classic, though for a type II I'd lean more towards repro brands (LVC, Sugar Cane) than OrSlow.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes to the LVC 501. No to both those jackets. Maybe to the black jute, but it’ll need some serious wearing in before cool.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.