• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like you won't know the true color until you get them anyway - these are photoshopped, right?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seems like you won't know the true color until you get them anyway - these are photoshopped, right?

Good eye! Yes, Photoshopped.

The second photo is the original photo, but when I got the cords, they were more like the first photo. I'm wondering if I should keep them or go for something like the second photo, which is what I originally wanted.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dieworkwear, @gdl203 beat me to it but I was looking at that pic and literally was like:

C78E8F71-D47E-4C66-9838-5D9CAD5B8967.jpeg

but now I see the difference. I prefer 1.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Only on StyleForum do you have people who are so neurotic that they will color adjust a product photo by just 1-5 points on the C, M, and Y part of the CYMK spectrum, so they can more closely match the true color of a pair of pants and debate whether they should keep them.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where are those cords from?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good eye! Yes, Photoshopped.

The second photo is the original photo, but when I got the cords, they were more like the first photo. I'm wondering if I should keep them or go for something like the second photo, which is what I originally wanted.

Uncanny...
I ordered a pair from J Crew that was the color of your 2nd pick, and what showed up was #1.
I kept it, but did shout some expletives.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sid Mashburn

How do you like them aside from color? I got a pair for Christmas. I think they’re nice. A little slimmer than what I’m used to wearing but that probably means they fit right.

I also got a pair from Taylor Stitch that are much more relaxed.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How do you like them aside from color? I got a pair for Christmas. I think they’re nice. A little slimmer than what I’m used to wearing but that probably means they fit right.

I also got a pair from Taylor Stitch that are much more relaxed.

I dig em.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think all of his jeans are a pretty great balance between CM and street. I wear mine happily with converse or oxfords

Oh no...now you did it. Here comes five pages of discussions about whether you can wear oxfords with anything other than a suit. :fence::)

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been interested in adding something sage-colored to my wardrobe. What do you all think of these options? Additionally, how do you find more starkly cropped pants (like 26" inseams) on taller dudes, as in the fit pic (second option, last photo) that includes the more oversized jacket below? If I were to get that jacket, I'd also feel inclined to grab the trousers. I have a couple of pairs of similarly cropped options, but am still unsure how well I work that fit.

Option 1:

jkt-73col-20421-001.jpg

34c9e194e95d166d00506d686fbfe002.png

Option 2:

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-2.jpg

Nbarbar

Reaction score
I've been interested in adding something sage-colored to my wardrobe. What do you all think of these options? Additionally, how do you find more starkly cropped pants (like 26" inseams) on taller dudes, as in the fit pic (second option, last photo) that includes the more oversized jacket below? If I were to get that jacket, I'd also feel inclined to grab the trousers. I have a couple of pairs of similarly cropped options, but am still unsure how well I work that fit.

Option 1:

View attachment 1528206
View attachment 1528207

Option 2:

View attachment 1528208

View attachment 1528209
Personally Drakes all the way.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one on the left looks like a waffle/thermal fabric. Merz 206 is quite different - it’s a regular cotton jersey

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads