• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

SimModa

Reaction score
I have the yuketen Arizonans in the natural color and love them. The jute and crepe are really comfortable. They’ve become my everyday quarantine shoes — great for errands, neighborhood walks, etc.

I’ve been mulling the vibergs, too. Wanted something in place of my Birkenstock Bostons for fits that would look better with less chunky footwear. For me, I’d go with the mules, but only because my narrow heels have made it so that every slip on I have ever tried on slips off my foot when I walk.
How do these Yuketen compare to Birkenstocks comfort wise? They are definitely more interesting to look at. Leaning towards ordering Birkenstocks today to see how that typical style fits my lifestyle in Florida.

I have narrow feet as well. Definitely something I need to consider, something I won't know for sure until I order a pair myself.

LeBeef

Reaction score
How do these Yuketen compare to Birkenstocks comfort wise? They are definitely more interesting to look at. Leaning towards ordering Birkenstocks today to see how that typical style fits my lifestyle in Florida.

I have narrow feet as well. Definitely something I need to consider, something I won't know for sure until I order a pair myself.
Birks are firmer but super comfy as they mold to your foot over time and I can wear them all day long. The yuketens feel softer out of the box. Haven’t worn them for more than 30 minutes at a time though.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really like the size of the chain and the pendant keeps the weight nice. Got any ideas or direction?
I feel like jewelry is so personal, it's hard to make recommendations. But here are some things I own and wear:

tumblr_nrjrrqmLJd1qa2j8co1_1280.jpg

1. Two necklaces from Article 22, a company that turns Vietnam Era bombs into necklaces, bracelets, and spoons. A portion of their profits is donated to organizations working to clear South East Asia of undetonated explosives. I like them because my family is from Vietnam. Also, like the designs and find them easy to wear with contemporary-styled clothing (e.g. Margiela) or workwear. Pretty neutral designs that don't feel too heavy-handed to me.

tumblr_inline_p9vn5zya2J1qfex1b_540.jpg

Three more necklaces in the back.

2. One is a feather necklace from Self Edge. They source their Native American jewelry from actual Native American artists. This one is on a leather strap, but you can put it on a metal chain. Pretty affordable if you go to Self Edge's website. I find it goes well with workwear.

3. A bunch of Catholic pendants that I strung on an old watch chain. I bought the watch-chain-turned-necklace from a jewelry store. I wouldn't know how to make it myself. But since watch chains are so long, this one wraps over itself a few times, which creates a thicker necklace. The Catholic pendants are things I bought on eBay. I find this goes with almost anything casual.

4. And finally, a Saint Christophers pendant on a normal chain. Maybe a bit cliche in the "workwear world," admittedly. But I like wearing this when I travel.

5. I don't have any, but I've always wanted to get some Good Art necklaces. I saw some on Kiya at Self Edge and thought they looked really good on him.

razorfrazer

Reaction score
I feel like jewelry is so personal, it's hard to make recommendations. But here are some things I own and wear:

View attachment 1427382

1. Two necklaces from Article 22, a company that turns Vietnam Era bombs into necklaces, bracelets, and spoons. A portion of their profits is donated to organizations working to clear South East Asia of undetonated explosives. I like them because my family is from Vietnam. Also, like the designs and find them easy to wear with contemporary-styled clothing (e.g. Margiela) or workwear. Pretty neutral designs that don't feel too heavy-handed to me.

View attachment 1427381

Three more necklaces in the back.

2. One is a feather necklace from Self Edge. They source their Native American jewelry from actual Native American artists. This one is on a leather strap, but you can put it on a metal chain. Pretty affordable if you go to Self Edge's website. I find it goes well with workwear.

3. A bunch of Catholic pendants that I strung on an old watch chain. I bought the watch-chain-turned-necklace from a jewelry store. I wouldn't know how to make it myself. But since watch chains are so long, this one wraps over itself a few times, which creates a thicker necklace. The Catholic pendants are things I bought on eBay. I find this goes with almost anything casual.

4. And finally, a Saint Christophers pendant on a normal chain. Maybe a bit cliche in the "workwear world," admittedly. But I like wearing this when I travel.

5. I don't have any, but I've always wanted to get some Good Art necklaces. I saw some on Kiya at Self Edge and thought they looked really good on him.
Great stuff thanks doe the reply.
Which good art necklaces are you looking at? I like the curb chain , maybe that in 24” would be a good base

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great stuff thanks doe the reply.
Which good art necklaces are you looking at? I like the curb chain , maybe that in 24” would be a good base
I unfortunately don't remember their names. I do remember that Kiya said one of the ones he wore is a discontinued model that he commissioned from the company. It was a unique design. He also said the other was a special order of some kind.

They weren't the normal curb chain models though.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should i buy this? John varvatos sterling silver necklace. Has a vintage / detressed dog tag look. Almost pulled the trigger ... been looking for a while for a necklace.
500 bucks
That's a no from me.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trucker jacket (type 3) in black fine wale corduroy?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a solid choice. What brand? IronHeart?
Nah, not Iron Heart. Their silhouettes on the truckers are a bit too "aggressive" for what I am looking for. A bit too tapered/slim for my liking.

I like Orslow for basics like these. Not too slim/"modern" and not too repro/heritage. Sits nicely in the middle. I saw this version on ebay a while back that I really liked:

1595783863918.png

1595783924485.png

1595783945184.png

1595783961921.png

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love a cord trucker. Vintage type 3's are hard to find in my size.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.