• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@HollyJoint please stop looking at things that have the visible polo logo. I love ralph. He's the best. If I had to wear one brand for the rest of my life, it'd be ralph. But it would never be something with a visible polo logo.

I like rowing blazers rugbys, especially their collabs. Lands end is also cool. Iirc, Kent Wang had some long sleeve polos.

If you want something sturdy, inexpensive, and cool, get the brand that manufacturs a lot for the fancy people. @cbusguy turned me onto them: Columbia knit http://usa-wear.com/ostore/index.php?route=product/category&path=68_72

HollyJoint

Reaction score
Having the polo logo is not something that bothers me, as long as the piece wears me well and has quality.
It is good to remember that I live in Europe, here we do not have access to as many varieties and other options as they have in America.
I really like prl and if the logo is not too big and discreet i don't care about it

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah when you wear the cool thrifted stuff. No one wants to see someone pay retail for a basic ass polo polo
So it’s not the logo itself, it’s a matter of cost:value?

I’m just curious, because I like PRL, and having grown up with it, the logo seems more invisible than other brands. If you’re just talking cost/value and so forth, the full retail for a lot of basic pieces is off, but I think that’s true for a lot of brands; but the MSRP is always at least 20% above actual price, and it always goes on sale.

As a fan of plaid shirts (don’t at me :( ) I find it odd how good the Polo colors/patterns are in relation to similar brands. That’s usually the time I’ll pay a bit more for a ‘basic ass’ shirt with a little pony on it — when it’s actually a cut above the rest.

Komuga

Reaction score
looking for a pair of chelsea boots and a pair of side zips.

The brand im mainly looking at is Viberg, but if anyone has any other comparable options let me know. in the 500-800$ range.

I already have a pair of viberg service boots in a roughout brown suede, and a pair of light suede mckinlay sherwoods, and a pair of viberg derbys in black.

Side Zips:

side zip mole.PNG

side zip anise.jpg

Chelsea:

AAB8CVRh8hc1QNf18XODpg4xRClGRtnpPG9ulXTyYFTV54UDEuboP0EM4zvb1WVVmb4PmS_P2b6MFrLxPi2DHWsHMxW_WT...jpg
Chelsea_Mole_Janus_Calf_P_2_1050x718.jpg

Glase Deer
Chelsea_Black_Glace_Deer_P_2_1050x718.jpg

Calf
Chelsea-CF-Stead-Classic-Black-Calf-P-2_1050x718.jpg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs of Viberg side zips and I am very happy with them.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are you looking for slicker or same aesthetics as viberg?

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking for a pair of chelsea boots and a pair of side zips.

The brand im mainly looking at is Viberg, but if anyone has any other comparable options let me know. in the 500-800$ range.

I already have a pair of viberg service boots in a roughout brown suede, and a pair of light suede mckinlay sherwoods, and a pair of viberg derbys in black.

Side Zips:

View attachment 1340359
View attachment 1340360

Chelsea:

View attachment 1340361View attachment 1340363
Glase Deer
View attachment 1340362
Calf
View attachment 1340364
i suggest looking at Saint Laurent Paris if you want something slightly more different than viberg. might be good to diversify from the same brand

vdubiv

Reaction score
Having the polo logo is not something that bothers me, as long as the piece wears me well and has quality.
It is good to remember that I live in Europe, here we do not have access to as many varieties and other options as they have in America.
I really like prl and if the logo is not too big and discreet i don't care about it
Yeah living in Europe all I see is Pyrex everywhere!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the calf chelseas and the milkshake chelseas. I prefer chelseas over szips because of lazy and heretical reasons

Komuga

Reaction score
I have two pairs of Viberg side zips and I am very happy with them.
I would be much happier if the color of the zipper matched the boots color.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.