• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

yunBW

Reaction score
Has anybody seen some trousers in a nice textured jaquard fabric?
Preferably black/navy/grey/charcoal in a casual trouser kind of style (so not EG or something, as much as I like the EG andovers)

Something like these from Paul Smith.
But, i have no interest in buying Paul Smith and these are too skinny anyway.

I believe AnnD had some cropped jacquard trouser in black from last season, there might be still some around but unsure.

yunBW

Reaction score
neither. not feeling the cut of those pants.
Just realized this is a slightly cropped and slimmer version from the normal version trouser I own. Why part of the cut that you don’t like about it? Thanks!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just realized this is a slightly cropped and slimmer version from the normal version trouser I own. Why part of the cut that you don’t like about it? Thanks!
basically that's is cropped and super slim

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
not feeling either of those. depending on your wardrobe, i feel like you could get a better modern looking down jacket than the first one, such as something from Veilance or Descente. Or a better heritage looking down parka from Crescent Down Works, Kaptain Sunshine, or Aime's new collab with Woolrich. Those are a little more expensive than the Penfield, but IMO look better.

All Blues Company and The Archives in Leeds, UK also have this Eddie Bauer repro parka from The Outstanding Company. It's about $400.

When searching around, think about whether you want genuine goose down or some kind of synthetic filling. Also look at the fill power. You don't always need top quality stuff and some of these things have different advantages, so pay less attention to some "linear" quality and think about how you'll use the garment.

aamukherjee

Reaction score
not feeling either of those. depending on your wardrobe, i feel like you could get a better modern looking down jacket than the first one, such as something from Veilance or Descente. Or a better heritage looking down parka from Crescent Down Works, Kaptain Sunshine, or Aime's new collab with Woolrich. Those are a little more expensive than the Penfield, but IMO look better.

All Blues Company and The Archives in Leeds, UK also have this Eddie Bauer repro parka from The Outstanding Company. It's about $400.
Much appreciated! I definitely need to ease off pure deal pursuit on ZenMarket...

Turns out Outstanding & Co is a shop I marked to check out while in Seoul, so I might stave off the cold with what I have for a day or so and pick it up there!

This one from Document also looks great but sits outside budget.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Much appreciated! I definitely need to ease off pure deal pursuit on ZenMarket...

Turns out Outstanding & Co is a shop I marked to check out while in Seoul, so I might stave off the cold with what I have for a day or so and pick it up there!

This one from Document also looks great but sits outside budget.

Actually, yea, if you're going to be in Seoul, I would just wait to check out stuff there. I feel like there's such a great men's style scene there right now, but a lot of stuff is hard to get outside of South Korea. If you like that heritage stuff, I would check out Eastlogue, Hey Martini, The Outstanding Company, Hanyounghuun, FrizmWorks, and The ResQ.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah would go for Eastlogue if you can find at an acceptable price, very cool

yunBW

Reaction score
much appreciated!

Also I’m looking for some quality solid color turtleneck but with a slightly looser fit something. I wonder if anyone have any recommendations? I like what Margaret Howell is offering but maybe other color variations.

Thank you
168A8BBE-2CBA-4551-8AD2-6C52F5060CD6.png
A7ED9B69-60D0-4A31-A00D-122611B03513.png

abantigen

Reaction score
Thoughts on this chocolate brown flight jacket from Private White?

I think it looks really good with a cream turtleneck underneath as shown on the model but not sure how versatile this colour would be for other casual outfits. Navy would be more versatile but all my other outerwear is navy and it's excluded from the Black Friday sale anyway.

K. Nights

Reaction score
I agree, get the one you want. However, I see nothing wrong with brown. I have leather jackets in brown that are very versatile

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.