• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

ElNino

Reaction score
Guys...apologies for terrible photo quality...can I get an opinion on whether this Pyrenex jacket is too short ? It's meant to be a shorter down jacket anyway, but being 6'2" with very long legs I'm unsure if it looks ridiculous ? Other option is a medium length one with fur, but it doesn't have as nice a finish.

Attachments

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys...apologies for terrible photo quality...can I get an opinion on whether this Pyrenex jacket is too short ? It's meant to be a shorter down jacket anyway, but being 6'2" with very long legs I'm unsure if it looks ridiculous ? Other option is a medium length one with fur, but it doesn't have as nice a finish.
Too short.

surrender

Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@dieworkwear how did u size ur Pretziada boots?
I'm a 9D on the Brannock and took a 42 in the boots. So TTS.

Note, because of how the boots are designed -- overlapping facings and that fold down tongue -- they take longer than usual to lace up. I don't want to overstate it. It's not crazy, but it's a little longer than lacing up normal boots. That's because you have to fiddle with the whole thing in order to get the throat to open wide enough to slide in your foot.

If you order a pair, ask the company to include one or two sets of extra-long laces. I found that helps. The normal laces aren't as long and it'll take you even longer to fiddle with everything cause you don't want to accidentally unlace them. Extra-long laces give you some wiggle room. Plus, in the end, you can wrap them around your ankle a couple of times and that looks kind of cool.

mmmargeologist

Reaction score
I'm a 9D on the Brannock and took a 42 in the boots. So TTS.

Note, because of how the boots are designed -- overlapping facings and that fold down tongue -- they take longer than usual to lace up. I don't want to overstate it. It's not crazy, but it's a little longer than lacing up normal boots. That's because you have to fiddle with the whole thing in order to get the throat to open wide enough to slide in your foot.

If you order a pair, ask the company to include one or two sets of extra-long laces. I found that helps. The normal laces aren't as long and it'll take you even longer to fiddle with everything cause you don't want to accidentally unlace them. Extra-long laces give you some wiggle room. Plus, in the end, you can wrap them around your ankle a couple of times and that looks kind of cool.
Thanks man appreciate the advice!

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hoping @Benesyed would chime in! I've been wearing either Carmina chelseas or Buttero Floyds (both black calf) with my Schneider

Where'd you get your black loafers?
I prefer a more slipper-like loafer with a lower heel for Schneider. Something like Doucal’s or Lemaire like the ones Benes wears.

B4DA85A4-35AE-4472-B6BD-AF8A71C1F30F.png

FE6F1068-92E2-4635-A593-71F60CC4530E.png
D901076F-40BC-46B2-87D5-F929F9FFE538.png

@#dadcore 2, 3, 1

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.