• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
work shirt if you plan to wear this with things like deck jackets and milsurp

western if you plan to wear this with things like trucker jackets or ranch jackets.

Work shirt then...

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Work shirt then...

Also,

Work shirt if your workwear says: "I'm the salt of the earth. I grew up somewhere in an industrial Midwestern town. I rake leaves, fix cars, earn an honest living, and like to talk about the Philadelphia Eagles."

Western shirt if your workwear says: "I potentially sell cocaine."

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
In fact, if you like black corduroy so much, just wait a little while for the banger about to drop from our fav homies.

:devil: :devil::devil::devil::devil:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also,

Work shirt if your workwear says: "I'm the salt of the earth. I grew up somewhere in an industrial Midwestern town. I rake leaves, fix cars, earn an honest living, and like to talk about the Philadelphia Eagles."

Western shirt if your workwear says: "I potentially sell cocaine."

Hmmm. My workwear probably just says "I dress like a dude that is the salt of the earth and sometimes maybe sell cocaine, but obviously I am just a middle-aged poser with no such background or intentions." But then again, most of us guys on SF kinda falls into that category. Minus the middle-aged part.

I guess peacoat falls into the milsurp/work shirt category?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
how do people feel about velvet corduroy western shirts? this color worn with back jeans. please note the velvet part

View attachment 1273727

View attachment 1273726

alternatively comes in plain black corduroy (not velvet)

View attachment 1273724

View attachment 1273725

View attachment 1273728

Ok if you're like me (sleazy/cocaine-chic) but not in a workwear fit. Maybe full cords and more discrete buttons? I love pretty much every non-dress workwear or military inspired shirt in principle. Watched american gigolo recently and some of those dress shirt both with military pockets might be easier to integrate (kinda Lemaire style I guess).

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pas-normal-studios-roccia-vet-beige_1180w.jpg

pas-normal-studios-roccia-vet-beige_2360w.jpg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. My workwear probably just says "I dress like a dude that is the salt of the earth and sometimes maybe sell cocaine, but obviously I am just a middle-aged poser with no such background or intentions." But then again, most of us guys on SF kinda falls into that category. Minus the middle-aged part.

I guess peacoat falls into the milsurp/work shirt category?

Get the western dude. So many brands have so many workshirts...the western is special and interesting and unique. I'm not saying the workshirts isn't, but also maybe it isn't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads