• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Zassiliss

Reaction score
I own a few knits by them, typically TTS and really nice quality.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@jtorres94 it's too much. Did you look at the atelier & repairs or 18 east versions? I think blue blue Japan did it too but don't remember how it turned out.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@jtorres94 it's too much. Did you look at the atelier & repairs or 18 east versions? I think blue blue Japan did it too but don't remember how it turned out.
Probably should go with something with less, so Atelier & Repairs is a good direction. Didn't even think of Blue Blue Japan but i know they do patchwork jackets

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Junya Watanabe does the best patchwork denim. I don’t mind that FDMTL pair if that is the look you are going for, but might as well go with Junya.

Atelier & Repair does good work also, but more subtle and a completely different aesthetic.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Probably should go with something with less, so Atelier & Repairs is a good direction. Didn't even think of Blue Blue Japan but i know they do patchwork jackets
I'm not a stickler for authenticity, but I prefer ones that look a bit more authentically repaired. B-Sides does this for womenswear, and the fits are a bit more high-waisted and cropped. Don't know if they would work in a men's outfit, but you can basically buy used jeans like this at a local thrift, then bring scraps of denim to your local alterations place and have it repaired. These jeans below, which are $350, are basically just recycled vintage.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on Nonnative guardian vest in black.

Looks cool in the pics but not so sure about in real life.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Timbaland I would pass on the NN vest. Seems rather boring. To me, it does not add much to the fits in the photos.

Also, depends if you are a vest wearer. I have a couple of EG vests that I bought with the best intentions, but find I never bother to incorporate them into anything I am wearing.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm pretty much a t-shirt and pants guy and wanted something else up top for layering. I hear you on EG vest thing, I'd probably do the same thing.

LeBeef

Reaction score
I got this NR Geneve jacket from yoox and it looks like it fits a half size big, but not terrible. Should I keep it? Usually a 42R and this is an XL.

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.