• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have about $260 worth of rewards point on Denimio that are going to expire tomorrow. I don't really need anything in particular so I'm looking for a classic cut on the slim side that I can hold onto for a while until I have a need for new pair of jeans.

I'm leaning toward the regular 19oz indigo version (S710XX) or the black x black version (S710NBK). Product shots are from Okayama Denim because Denimio has **** for product shots.

Samurai-S710NBK-Jeans-4_2000x.jpg

SamuraiJeans-S710XX19OZ-19oz-Selvedge-Denim-Jeans-LeftStand-1_2000x.jpg

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a brand that Denimio stocks that has a similar fit to the 3Sixteen 21BSP but with a higher rise, I'd be happy to hear about it!

personally prefer the slimmer cut on the black jeans.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is more of whether I can pull it off

29080-01_1524680350_2000x.jpg

29080-02_1524680345_2000x.jpg

Only reason I am drawn to it because I may wear it tucked to cosplay a look from the movie Her.

Edit:
But I can see it worn untucked with a chunky cardigan over it or a long coat.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd totally buy it if I can find a pair of pants and jacket from the same designer... TS(S) sort of came then disappeared.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yeah, it's pretty loud, and for me, the front pocket and non-hidden buttons give off that 60's communist leader/fake guru vibe ;D

Superglu

Reaction score

Only reason I am drawn to it because I may wear it tucked to cosplay a look from the movie Her.

Edit:

Fantastic movie, and the fashion in it was so refreshing and novel.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Edit:

Get it so I can see how it looks in outer space

Gman56

Reaction score
I would probably go for a darker color. Tan with jeans can be OK, but a more solidly mid-brown or even dark brown will be easier to wear. I also think you can get nicer looking shoes for not too much more money. Meermin is about $175-200 these days (a little less if you buy something new off eBay). They're stiffer than AEs at first, but will break in over time.

One of the other things to consider is that AE's tan colors have a slightly reddish undertone. They're a warmer shade of brown and thus are a little harder to wear. I think tan shoes are easier to wear when they have earthier undertones (green, yellow, etc). Most men's rely in cooler colors like gray and blue. So when you have a warmer colored shoe in an outfit, it can unnaturally draw the eye downwards.

If you get those, at least swap out the red laces for black ones.

I find your input interesting and a great example of the diversity involved in dressing oneself in this day and age because I pretty much disagree with everything you said... and that's okay. BTW, I love the red laces.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That particular Gucci horsebit model I'm not feeling

The AEs are like, if it fits your style, ok, but I wouldn't do it. Contrast laces are bad.

@JayFS that shoe is awful

@gettoasty i had a red gitman shirt for a while and I just never could make it work. I don't recommend it. They're cool but you'll end up wearing it like one a year. Otoh I'm presently thinking about buying a red turtleneck to layer under stuff so *shrug*

@notwithit The amiris have a stronger Western-wear vibe than other roper/zip boots. I'm sure they can be real cool but your look has to be right or they'll look out of place. since you stopped posting in waywt I can't give further feedback (you should come back to waywt)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads