1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Benesyed

Benesyed Distinguished Member

He had to return some tapes

2. DLester

DLester Distinguished Member

ha nothing like that, I just had to get my damn electric car company off the ground, bore a tunnel under LA, get investigated by the SEC, plus I got my space transport company; and there was this thing with a cave in Thailand you don't want to know about...

3. #dadcore

#dadcore Senior Member

Camoshita suit separates— the drawstring trouser kind of forces you to wear a knit instead of a proper shirt, which I’m not opposed to, Just wondering how versatile you think this would be and what colors would you wear with this kind of grey/brown? Cream, burgundy, tan, black jump to mind.
    54C9FAEA-8778-4CC7-A0F4-79A41BD931B3.jpeg
    145745EB-BDC2-44ED-8E77-92ADAA7A2AD5.jpeg

4. HollyJoint

HollyJoint Senior Member

I need a casual sneakers to walk around and go to the cafe playing billiards ..

What is your opinion of these to escape the traditional new balance..?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. White Lotus

White Lotus Senior Member

No.

Get NB, Nike, Adidas runners. I have an Adidas Haven which is comfortable and looks good.

6. cvb1

cvb1 Member

7. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior Member

Wait, didn’t this happen a few weeks ago?

8. saskatoonjay

saskatoonjay Senior Member

If that's the exact colour you want, and if you like how it fits, then it's worth it. You would pay less at the Gap, and I'm very happy with my Gap denim jacket.

9. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

Cream or black. Not very versatile, but once you have enough clothes, versatility is overrated imo

Those seem fine in the way that all the stuff you've posted is fine. I don't think there's anything particularly egregious about the clothes, but they're also not very exciting. They just sort of safe, European middle class looks. Which, again, is perfectly fine.

I think you could benefit from trying out other things though. Maybe start by paying more attention to certain Instagram accounts, lookbooks, cultural things like movies, music, etc. And then figure out what are some other ways to develop your look. As is, puffer jackets, blue jeans, Pepe Jeans sneakers are all perfectly fine, but they're also kind of boring.

That wash is bad. Vintage Levi's or Lee if you want that kind of cut and light color.

10. Jonas251

Jonas251 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I recommended 574’s, Valentino’s and AF1’s. Dieworkwear suggesred retro 70s runners and like Stan smiths.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019

11. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior Member

@HollyJoint Margiela does a take on that silhouette which isn’t bad (retro runner), can often find them on sale too

429DB31D-4D70-4251-879B-36668AC9AED5.jpeg

12. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

These look good in Internet product shots, but I found them to be pretty bad on foot.

13. HollyJoint

HollyJoint Senior Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm a little hesitant because the typical nike or adidas runners seem to me very sporty, and I do not wear this kind of clothes. I'll probably use the sneakers with a jumper and a barbour over it if it's raining or cold.
    I'm determined to buy the ones I posted on top, and for a good price, only 65 €, even so any suggestion is welcome.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019

14. Blake Stitched Blues

Blake Stitched Blues Senior Member

@urbanhippieswe on Instagram wears New Balance a lot with things like field jackets and workwear. He looks great but it's not everyone's cup of tea. If I were cool enough to wear sneakers I think I'd take a look at Crown Northampton. To me they seem a little more cohesive with the type of clothes you've mentioned.

[​IMG]

15. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

^ Actually, those minimalist type of sneakers would prob work with what @HollyJoint wears. IMO better than sport- or sport-inspired sneakers. There are a ton of companies doing that style nowadays and they mostly differ on the margins in terms of quality and last shape. If he doesn't like those, it's not hard to find slightly different alternatives.