Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Work requires me to wear a tie and tucked in shirts are uncomfortable as shit, so what do I do now?

either

a) stop being a baby and tuck your fucking shirt in
    b) find a new job

2. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

I'm not really considering this, I'm just curious if anyone has ever heard of Taniel Pogharian. [​IMG]

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

a tartan/plaid toggle Nehru jacket? -- well I haven't seen that sort of thing before. never heard of the brand.

4. BB1

BB1 Senior member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height Scroll down to the table and sort by height. You'll see that Indonesia has the shortest men in the world-- average height is 5'2", just like Xeno. Indonesian proxy? [​IMG] Japan may be somewhat problematic since average height of an 19 year old there is now up to 5'8", 6+ ft tall Japanese males are increasingly common, and average height keeps increasing every year. Although I have occasionally run across some Japanese knits with shockingly short published length measurements.

5. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

This is a fucked up world. I'm fully agreeing with Uncontrol and ppllzz. DON'T HOLD THAT AGAINST MY ARGUMENT. IT IS ESTABLISHED LAW. RULE: Wearing a tie? Put on a jacket. NO: If you wear a tie without a jacket, you look like a 13 year old kid. NO: If you wear a tie without a jacket and your shirt untucked, you look like a sloppy 13 year old or a hipster. Maybe: Some people do it and pull it off but I wouldn't - jacket, untucked shirt, no tie. You'd better have a lot of swagger and a impeccably tailored clothing because otherwise you look like a drunk Jersey/Bridge and Tunnel financial worker. YES: jacket and button down with no tie and shirt tucked in. This is casual yet not stupid. Xenox: Yeah it's logical to wear a tie with a shirt untucked but so is wearing crocs and a sweatpants every day. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. If you're at a job with a dress code, you can just accept you're screwed and look like crap. But outside of your job you shouldn't do it. If you're wearing a jacket with your tie, as you should, put the tie in any jacket pocket. If you aren't, fold it up and jam it in your back pocket.

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

Scroll down to the table and sort by height. You'll see that Indonesia has the shortest men in the world-- average height is 5'2", just like Xeno. Indonesian proxy? [​IMG] Japan may be somewhat problematic since average height of an 19 year old there is now up to 5'8", 6+ ft tall Japanese males are increasingly common, and average height keeps increasing every year. Although I have occasionally run across some Japanese knits with shockingly short published length measurements.

yeah asians in korea china taiwan japan are all getting crazy tall now. even 10 years ago the difference was really apparent. now all the kids are tall ... waht gives?

7. BB1

BB1 Senior member

NO: If you wear a tie without a jacket, you look like a 13 year old kid.

Ahhh! Now I know why I was never able to pull-off this look-- I'm too tall! Perhaps Xeno is short enough to pull it off with ease.

8. BB1

BB1 Senior member

yeah asians in korea china taiwan japan are all getting crazy tall now. even 10 years ago the difference was really apparent. now all the kids are tall ... waht gives?
    Change in diet towards more Western style food, including more meat/protein. If an Asian grows up eating the same food as the Western world they often grow up to be just as tall as Europeans.

9. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

dont wear a tie without a sportcoat/suit jacket, period
    no, not period

Seriously? Even if it's a casual shirt with a casual tie, e.g., a knit tie? I do this occasionally with my casual shirts b/c it's awkward sometimes to wear a sport coat.
    i do this too

well i mean if you wear a tie you need to button the shirt all the way up, which is uncomfortable, and then adding the tie is even more uncomfortable, so its hard to look casual that way

and if you dont button the shirt all the way up and wear the tie loose its just obvious accessorizing... and the tie has to be one of the most unwieldy accessories of all time--gets in the way of eating, drinking, and pretty much anything that involves your body bending down

so if i wanted to look more "formal" than business casual, i would first add a sportcoat, and then a tie if i wanted to be more formal

look, if you dont like it then dont do it but. dont assume, though, that you not doing it makes it wrong. there is nothing wrong with a jacketless tie, especiall a knit. i'll agree on the tucked in shirt part but thats all

10. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

when i see guys with ties i think people who are trying too hard. please, continue to try too hard!

11. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I hate ties without something to cover them up (i.e. a knit or jacket). Having it dangling there just looks stupid to me.

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

I agree with the untucked shirt w/ tie bit, but seriously, folks, the whole you-have-to-wear-a-jacket-if-you-wear-a-tie thing... can you say "anal"?

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

all this tie hate....good thing i never told you i wish i had cravats to go with my vests

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Having it dangling there just looks stupid to me.

thats what she said

15. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I don't mind wearing a tie at all besides a lot of jobs require them.