1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11 : Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Is SW&D for or against chelsea boots? I've been eyeing a pair for awhile but keep thinking a pair of side zips like Lucchese would be preferable. @troika You photos of the Lucchese suede in the Buttero thread look real good.

2. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018

3. troika

troika Distinguished Member

I think SWD is more in favor of sidezips, but I'm not sure it's a consensus. I have several pairs of both and can say that both would fit your style well. It could be a fit consideration as well - chelseas are generally tighter in the shaft, whereas sidezips can be a bit more loose, depending on how the style/last fits your foot, ankle, and leg.

4. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Distinguished Member

Personally I can’t get over the elastic gore.

5. White Lotus

White Lotus Senior Member

[​IMG]

Yay or nay on the jacket?

6. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

Never really owned a leather jacket but I know fit is usually tough to nail. Any opinions? It’s from allsaints and it’s lamb leather.

Excuse the work clothes.

upload_2018-10-2_12-53-20.jpeg
    70161407-E5E7-48ED-8190-18564110C152.jpeg E6C4A743-51A6-4A09-8D94-2BCE78A801FD.jpeg

7. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior Member

8. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

I'm wearing dress pants that sit a bit higher than jeans would. Maybe I will try to get some other pics with other clothing.

What about in other areas, and the overall look of the jacket?

9. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior Member

I agree that it's a bit long, but overall it fits pretty well

10. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior Member

I saw one of their nubuck ones the other day and thought it was...okay :embar:

E3638370-35CB-4CA0-ACBC-AE8012B808E6.jpeg

11. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

Not a huge fan of Allsaints, it's fine, but not special, and definitely not of interest to leather heads, who are looking for more buttery leathers with more interesting aesthetics. The shoulders seem to fit fine, I like the cut to be shorter and tighter in the arms (higher arm holes), but certainly not bad. They're not expensive, but leather is something you might want to invest in for the real thing so that it ages with you nicely.

12. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

Thanks - that's good advice.

I think for what the purposes of what I would use it for, my interest in leather being novice, and how often I would wear it, this is probably a justified price point and a happy medium for me at only $650CAD.

I'll buy it, try it out for a couple weeks, and post some pics with regular clothes to see how the fit looks with SW&D clothes.

Edit - with a light long sleeve:

6CFA60B0-9554-49E0-B9B0-45130F69B1D1.jpeg
    DAB23D03-1279-4A1B-9C81-10BFB3EA01EB.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018

13. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

Jacket seems nice, but I also think that smooth lambskin regular DR thing has been done to death.

14. jts287

jts287 Well-Known Member

I'm not a leather jacket guy, but if I were, I'd want that one. That's a good look, imo.

15. Corso

Corso Senior Member

Yes, that's a nice Perfecto style jacket