Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

They simultaneously attract and repulse me, and yet they keep calling. I think I just need talking down.

I actually like the looks of the Eytys more, but I need zippers on a sneaker that high.

I feel like this could make a good thread: list your single most-hated piece of clothing and your reason for hating it.

2. wogbog

wogbog Distinguished Member

imo you can buy those if you promise not to wear them with slender denim notwithit!! (or at least not always) (because i think given your style, brown boots would almost always be preferable?)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017 at 5:37 PM

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I pretty much live in LVC 501s anymore, so very little risk of slender denim. After I started running regularly, I found that a sub-8" knee measurement didn't feel comfortable anymore.

Thinking about these a little more, they may be too close to just being a bit with a sneaker sole what with the metal eyelets, speed hooks (why would you want both speed hooks and a zipper?), and pull tab. I think CP training boots and RO Ramones play in the same space a little better by hewing closer to sneaker norms.