Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Will bleed for a while on white T's?

2. Spehsmonkey

Spehsmonkey Senior member

Neither of mine ever really did, unless I got a bit sweaty (wearing-it-indoors-at-a-concert/show sweaty, for example), but I’ve heard others have had that issue more. My issue has been smell when they’re new, perhaps from the dye. My most recent sashiko jacket still smells kinda gross, and I’ve owned it a while now :/

3. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

Weird, I don't have that problem with my junya sashiko blazer. How about dry cleaning it

4. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

5. Spehsmonkey

I wonder if that has to do with how BBJ dyed this batch. My other one never smelled. I might just email them directly and ask for their input at this point (it’s been at least 6 months and one cold-water rinse now).

6. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

I have an Indigo dyed blazer from BBJ (not sashiko though) and fwiw I wear that with white colored clothing with no issues.

7. Spehsmonkey

Should I get a Casentino balmacaan like it's still 2013? And if so, which color (or neither, and just go for the crazy cream colorway, which I didn't post a photo of)?
    smoke-green_1-768x768.jpg
    red-brown_1-768x768.jpg

8. circumspice

circumspice Senior member

Cream sounds both interesting and thoroughly impractical, but we are in a place where we have outerwear in surplus, and thus having it off at the cleaners periodically wouldn't be crisis inducing

9. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I am not feeling that casentino coat. I would pass. But if you felt strongly about it, go with cream.

I believe casentino cloth works best with brighter, saturated colors.

10. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I like those. I'd go green, personally, although either could be cool. Only thing dissuading me from orange is how I have a very faint dandy Pitti Uomo association with Casentino, even if the fabric is much more than that, and the burnt orange vaguely reminds me of something I could have seen on a #menswear dandy.

11. Spehsmonkey

I had the same worry about the burnt orange one even though I like it much more than the green. I was hoping the fact that it’s not that true deep orange Pitti guys wear would help distance it a bit.

Or is this kind of color actually common at Pitti, @dieworkwear ? Don’t wanna look like this guy :/

F4165102-361C-4731-8C9F-58CC353D5B87.jpeg

12. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

The burnt orange is better than the green, which appears lifeless in the photo. Candidly, I think you can find a nicer coat, both in style and color (and cloth).

13. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Supposedly, according to menswear lore, bright orange (like that) is the cloth's most iconic color. Members of The House of Savoy used to decorate their horses with it when they ruled Italy. And at some point, it became a favored fabric in Florence for overcoats.

I personally prefer the fabric in less dandy interpretations. Eidos had a navy Casentino bomber. I think Camoshita used it for a navy duffle coat (if not, a very similar hairy and textured coat). I think it can be cool if you wear it in a non-Pitti Uomo way. Probably more about how you style it than the color itself, I suppose, although green will naturally be a bit more muted/ less dandy.