Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Cheers, as always - thank you so much. While you're at it, just curious if you know any companies that do leather goods in Barenia? Always love looking at well-worn LV handles...

In some pictures, it looks quite yellow-ish (not exactly what I want), whereas in others, it looks a bit more subdued. I imagine it's somewhere in the middle. (I wonder how a darker body with light handles and straps would look...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Yea, of the two photos you posted, it's not anywhere near as orangey and yellow as the first. It is slightly more orangey than the second though. Between the two, it's a lot closer to the second.

I don't know anyone who does a full Barenia bag, unfortunately. That guy I told you about in Florence may be able to make one, but you have to hound him with emails. If you're not able to get an answer from him, there's a store in Beijing (run by a former StyleForum member), who may have better luck. I just had lunch with the guy and he said he can get turnarounds in about six months from that maker. I think he makes some really cool looking stuff, but if you're contacting him independently, it does take a bit of follow-up.

3. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Again, thank you so much for your help -- order placed!!

[​IMG]

4. Not Ready

Not Ready Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback on that MMM jacket. I was worried about the high armholes, but all the others are very valid points that I didn't pay too much attention to. I also looked at the measurements and yoox saying it fits large to size, I thought I might wear it with slim black jeans, and a black t-shirt, a little oversized, but it sounds like it's not cut for that. I will go search for something I can fit my shoulders in and probably get my 95th bomber. :freeze:

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

[​IMG]

I like the fit and fabric and everything, the only thing holding me back is the collar (nehru?) and if it steps too far into cultural appropriation....

6. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I notice that Yoox says most things fit large even when the item fits TTS (in my experience). I would just ignore their advice.

7. NGOStudio

NGOStudio Senior member

Intolerant to the very few or it might start a new trend :rolleyes:

8. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Don't let political correctness stop you from getting something you want. I like it.

9. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Don't think that falls into cultural appropriation, which is all-too-often misused and abused term. I've posted this elsewhere, but Scafidi has one of the more sensible treatments of the word

http://time.com/2840461/pharrell-native-american-headdress/

I have a shirt with a similar collar, although not as wide. I think it can look good, although that specific shirt might be harder to pull off.