• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
goods_00_196878

y/n?

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gettoasty

I don't like patterned caps. They can look good in isolation but rarely worn.

Personally I prefer solid colored caps in technical materials such as ripstop or some polyester blend. They tend to look cleaner. Here's a a cheap example which I probably will buy. Costs like 20-30 USD and looks just as good as many alternatives from designers, imo.

nike-metal-swoosh-cap-340225-010-black-metallic-silver.jpg

nike-metal-swoosh-cap-340225-010-black-metallic-silver.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I picked up a COS short brim hat, pretty neat. Will likely still pickup a Nike cap.

What about these jeans, y/n?
h58a6213a305dc.jpg

From A.P.C., a high rise denim jean in Bleach Out. Button fly with branded top button closure. Five-pocket styling. Branded rivets. Tonal stitching. Loose fit through hip and thigh.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes to APCs, no to hat and shirt.

@FrankCowperwood I'm concerned that you'll never wear it enough to get the look you want. Also I prefer a somewhat less minimal jacket but that's just me

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
buy apcs and report back on measurements. i like both apc jeans and high rise jeans.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes to APCs, no to hat and shirt.

@FrankCowperwood I'm concerned that you'll never wear it enough to get the look you want. Also I prefer a somewhat less minimal jacket but that's just me

Unfortunately that's almost certain to be the case. I always have grand plans about these things but they take time.

Will say that I like the fact that it has hand warmer pockets. I always feel a little bit at a loss with jackets that don't have pockets there. I like the black and brass combination too.

I'm going to think on it some more. Not like I'd wear it much right now anyway. Maybe someone else will buy it.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just ordered the APC, Low Standard a new cut? Never heard of it but liking the way it sounds re: high rise, roomy seat, and taper. Might need to revisit APC, my old friend...

The tee is available for pickup at the store, might drop by to see what else is available. I had a little buyer's remorse after paying for it online, I do not wear graphic tees AS MUCH nowadays with the exception of some Attachment tees I own.

buy apcs and report back on measurements. i like both apc jeans and high rise jeans.

Here are the measurements for size 32 I ordered:
waist: 17 inches
rise: 11 inches
inseam: 32.5 inches
outseam: 42.25 inches
thigh: 10 inches
knee: 8 inches
leg opening: 7 inches

lazym

Reaction score
8423-01_1387526268.jpg

Thoughts on this jacket, the lapels in particular? I've wanted something from Kapital for a while and don't have a navy blazer yet.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tee and hat seem OK, but also seem like one of those things you buy at Urban Outfitters cause you thought they were kinda cool, but then end up never wearing and kind of regret buying, but they were only $15 so oh well.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
8423-01_1387526268.jpg

Thoughts on this jacket, the lapels in particular? I've wanted something from Kapital for a while and don't have a navy blazer yet.

I like it, but I don't think it will necessarily fill the traditional navy blazer role in your wardrobe; it's too casual and workwear-ish to work in all the same situations a more traditional tailored piece would.

In other words, buy it if you like it; don't buy it if you're trying to cross off the navy blazer line item on your wardrobe checklist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads