• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, just took a second picture. I'm just pinching the back where I'd probably get my tailor to take it in slightly at the sides.

The shoulder seams are definitely too wide but I think that might be intentional - it fits more or less the same even for the model for The Bureau Belfast

wc0OgBn.jpg

8af0db1e7ebec69d79b1dc3b1ec2ddf9.jpg

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
late to this, but what is wrong with all of you? why would you not want to be a gundam? I keep wanting to buy Y-3 NOCI exactly for this reason

and to stay on topic, I don't need either of these, but a "rain coat" seems like a good thing to have:
zoom_148686M_D1_0079.jpg

zoom_148686M_D1_0049.jpg
100% polyester

or
dries.jpg
dries2.jpg
100% waterproof cotton

NGOStudio

Reaction score
late to this, but what is wrong with all of you? why would you not want to be a gundam? I keep wanting to buy Y-3 NOCI exactly for this reason

and to stay on topic, I don't need either of these, but a "rain coat" seems like a good thing to have:
zoom_148686M_D1_0079.jpg

zoom_148686M_D1_0049.jpg
100% polyester

or
View attachment 709336
100% waterproof cotton

I'm not sure which style you prefer or may go well with your wardrobe. On the other hand, I think waterproof cotton is not a better material than poly due to its synthetic waterproofed coating. And might not last as long after cleaning. Another advantage of poly is lighter.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

zoom_148686M_D1_0079.jpg

zoom_148686M_D1_0049.jpg
100% polyester

or
View attachment 709336
100% waterproof cotton
I am assuming the second one is Dries from FW13. If so, I have it and really like it. I guess you can call it a rain coat style, but I don't recall that it is waterproof or water resistant.

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get the first one, better length and more practical.

Print on the second one is nicer though, also cotton might not be as waterproof but it wears and ages better. But the length sucks.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need a new pair of sneakers

addidas gazelle.jpg

spalwart grey.jpg

spalwart white and grey.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Benesyed, feel like the Gazelles would go better with your wardrobe? I have the Spalwarts (like the two-tone ones you posted better than the solid colored ones). I like them with things like field jackets and jeans, but I don't feel like that's your thing.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Benesyed, feel like the Gazelles would go better with your wardrobe? I have the Spalwarts (like the two-tone ones you posted better than the solid colored ones). I like them with things like field jackets and jeans, but I don't feel like that's your thing.

This was more to wear with my denim and a tee or with my tapered sweats, but I guess the gazelles could fit with my Schneider stuff

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
That would be true...but I actually hate having two similar things unless its an extra of something I love like boots for example.

I think maybe the print looks nicer on the black background

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads