Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

[​IMG]

Seinfeld's puffy shirt.

Or Archie Bunker's chair.

Which one do you think will hold it's value better?

2. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

I like the cut, but the problem with non-woven fabric is that it tends to lose its shape more easily. Very solid price though, and with a tie, I'd probably go for it if you're in the market for this sort of thing. I wouldn't use this shirt as your go to white-button down though.

I just copped a bomber, a vest and a short sleeve cardi from that YD sale. Awesome.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

To my surprise my grey suede desert boots came in the mail with a black sole. I'm not sure if I'm wild about them; the black sole sorta makes the grey look like a faded black. Should I return them for sand suede?

[​IMG]

5. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

New with tag 100% authentic JOHN VARVATOS mens long sleeve crew neck smoked pearl cashmere sweater size M - $150....Should I buy this or not?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dashaansafin

I like the cut, but the problem with non-woven fabric is that it tends to lose its shape more easily. Very solid price though, and with a tie, I'd probably go for it if you're in the market for this sort of thing. I wouldn't use this shirt as your go to white-button down though.

I just copped a bomber, a vest and a short sleeve cardi from that YD sale. Awesome.

Ah yes I have a peacoat thats a jersey and its losing its shape..is there anyway to get it back? I dont want to spend the money if its just going to "wear out" in a couple of wears. And I would just wear it with jeans as I want an informal but nice looking shirt.

7. toothsomesound

I think you're fine if that's all you're going for. I don't think it's going to die after a few wears, it's just not going to feel/look/hang/drape/cling/wrinkle like a regular shirt.

^John Varvatos has been pissing me off lately. It's pretty though...I dunno, one fifty is kind of a lot for a sweater like that, especially with JV's inconsistent track record. If you're really into it, then sure, but if you're in between, I would look for something a little more sturdy and/or exciting. One of my JV wovens started coming apart a few months ago, I was furious.

8. Dashaansafin

I think you're fine if that's all you're going for. I don't think it's going to die after a few wears, it's just not going to feel/look/hang/drape/cling/wrinkle like a regular shirt.

I see, is there any way to retain the form afterwards?

9. toothsomesound

I don't think it's going to lose it's form. I think it'll just get more wrinkly then your average button-down. Wash and press/steam should be fine if you're going to be a freak about it, but I think the intention behind a design like that is for it to be wrinkly and floppy looking.

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

m.a.+ leather shirt/jacket [​IMG]

11. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

^
    Is it lined? Is the leather thick and heavy or a lighter, more pliable weight?

If you do decide to buy it I like it worn as a shirt rather than a jacket, and have the next layer contrast to it's unique texture.

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

m.a.+ leather shirt/jacket

[​IMG]

you'll look like a sushi roll wearing this

13. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

^
    Is it lined? Is the leather thick and heavy or a lighter, more pliable weight?

If you do decide to buy it I like it worn as a shirt rather than a jacket, and have the next layer contrast to it's unique texture.

Unlined/pliable.
    I'm thinking the smoother version over the wrinkle.

Worn over a tee.

14. asobu

asobu Senior member

I fully support socal getting into m.a.+

so, yes.

15. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

I like the idea of a smoother version, then it'll still accumulate some natural wrinkling effect from wear anyway... The version in the picture is just a bit too exaggerately crinkled for me, but then I realize our tastes don't fully cross, so of course it'll ultimately it'll be your call.