1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. KenN

KenN Senior member

[​IMG]
    UNIQLO houndstooth hoodie

Looks good, is it soft?

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Looks suck. Just buy it. It's probably like $25. It's a relatively plain hoodie. do you need a hoodie? if yes. buy it

3. KenN

KenN Senior member

Looks suck. Just buy it. It's probably like $25. It's a relatively plain hoodie. do you need a hoodie? if yes. buy it

I would if I lived in the states.
    I am asking only because I have a friend in the states, and she can help me pick up stuff... Asking before buying helps to eliminate hassles.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Will they not ship internationally via email order? The girl who does it is really nice. At least the girl who helped me out over the summer. Cute voice too

5. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

[​IMG]
    MMM boots. Closest thing I can find to what I want. I assume they are from Barney's. I kinda regret not picking up a pair of boots while I was in NYC. What is the stock like at Barney's LA?

6. kronik

kronik Senior member

Yes to the MMM boots.

Grab me a pair.

7. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I dont remember seeing those, where's the pic from?

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    UNIQLO houndstooth hoodie

I absolutely love Uniqlo's sweaters, but I find their hoodies to be kind of meh. Something about the fit and fabric is a bit too Old Navy-ish.

9. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

Yeah, I didn't see that exact pair while I was there, I wasn't paying that much attention to the shoes anyway though. The picture is from eBay, the seller seems legit. Is there really that much danger of fake MMM?

10. jet

jet Senior member

barneys didnt get that this past fall, i think they were supposed to be around 8 bills and they're not bad actually look like the ann d's

11. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Look pretty nice here

[​IMG]

12. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

Speaking of Ann D, I actually was also considering these:
    [​IMG]

Sigh... if only the person who bought those Cloaks were willing to sell.

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

I've already got a pair in shell cordovan, and they are my favorite shoes on Earth. I've been really tempted to pick them up in black calf as well. The Allen Edmonds shop in midtown Manhattan has them at 15% off.

But the shell look so goddamn nice! I'm just having a hard time thinking about when I would ever wear these black ones over them.

14. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Speaking of Ann D, I actually was also considering these:
    [​IMG]

Sigh... if only the person who bought those Cloaks were willing to sell.

My dad loves his.

15. milosz

milosz Senior member

J Shoes Mojave in Moss, $160 at Piperline. Or a bill at overstock.com, but with burnished toe and heel, which might look funny (overstock pictures being crap, of course)

[​IMG]

16. dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67 Senior member

J Shoes Mojave in Moss, $160 at Piperline. Or a bill at overstock.com, but with burnished toe and heel, which might look funny (overstock pictures being crap, of course)

[​IMG]

those would look nice with blue jeans if you had a jacket that. that would also look good if your into the "army" look, since the colors match up

17. whacked

whacked Senior member

[​IMG]

I've already got a pair in shell cordovan, and they are my favorite shoes on Earth. I've been really tempted to pick them up in black calf as well. The Allen Edmonds shop in midtown Manhattan has them at 15% off.

But the shell look so goddamn nice! I'm just having a hard time thinking about when I would ever wear these black ones over them.

15% off is nothing special for AE, especially calf models. I'm sure you can get a pair at a much better price from eBay with some patience.

18. dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67 Senior member

I absolutely love Uniqlo's sweaters, but I find their hoodies to be kind of meh. Something about the fit and fabric is a bit too Old Navy-ish.

i disagree. you can spot old navy quality miles away, that does not look like old navy quality. i think your gripe may be with hoodies in general, since old navy was famous for them. but just cause it's the same type of item doesn't make it the same thing. looks like a nice hoodie!

19. mainy

mainy Senior member

My dad loves his.

Your dad wears Ann D? That is incredibly badass.

20. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Your dad wears Ann D? That is incredibly badass.

He just buys what he wants. He was at Barneys and wanted some boots and I know he picked up some from AD. I think the ones posted are current season and sound like what he described.
    He mainly wears Cloak, Dior Homme and YSL.