Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. theom-

theom- Senior member

2. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

The latter. I find the longer cut is always more practical- and I think it looks better.

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

4. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Senior member

yfyf is carrying off a similar pattern quite nicely. Personally, I'm not liking the bellied lapel, but that's my .02

5. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

The pattern on this suit is... I don't know, I'm torn between "too awesome for words" and "tacky". My wish to experiment with wearing suits outside of a business environment may be getting the better of me. Input needed. Talking off the ledge? Encouragement and cheerleading? That I leave to styleforum.

[​IMG]
    Larger: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/dayadeve...3/DSC04173.JPG
    Pattern Closeup: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/dayadeve...3/DSC04197.JPG

OPINIONS NOW.

Really like the pattern, those are some great lapels too, especially since its double breasted, they fold over nicely. It's only tacky if you wear it with more extravagant/flashy clothing, which would give me the indication that you're trying to stand out and be a one man show instead of just trying to dress well and to your persona/body.

One thing though, you do seem to wear a lot of black and white, I think a suit like this calls for some light browns, greys and creams. From my experience black and white makes any odd or interesting colours/patterns stand out immensly. So aside from the fit and suit itself, what can compliment the suit is probably something to consider.

6. leopardus

leopardus Member

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I'm sure that's a nice suit, but do you like Brioni's clean, sharp, kofi annan vibe?

Also, fit on DBs is so much harder than fit on SBs, IMO. I'm wary of buying DBs online.

The pattern on this suit is... I don't know, I'm torn between "too awesome for words" and "tacky". My wish to experiment with wearing suits outside of a business environment may be getting the better of me. Input needed. Talking off the ledge? Encouragement and cheerleading? That I leave to styleforum.

[​IMG]
    Larger: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/dayadeve...3/DSC04173.JPG
    Pattern Closeup: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/dayadeve...3/DSC04197.JPG

OPINIONS NOW.

8. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

is that a brioni or just a brioni hanger? you are all over the place with your suits; dries, hickey, and brioni are generally going to fit totally different. ok, you know this, but it bears repeating. personally, i'd run away from this one fast.
    The pattern on this suit is... I don't know, I'm torn between "too awesome for words" and "tacky". My wish to experiment with wearing suits outside of a business environment may be getting the better of me. Input needed. Talking off the ledge? Encouragement and cheerleading? That I leave to styleforum. OPINIONS NOW.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Haven't bought the hickey yet but it would be more of a work suit. This is not work appropriate, nor is the Dries Van Noten. This suit itself isn't Brioni, that's just the hanger, but it is high quality nonetheless.

10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Fooled by a hanger [​IMG]

I dunno, I mean, I know you've worn snakeskin shoes, so you know what you like, but a DB in that pattern for casual wear just doesn't seem right to me.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I shall take that under advisement. Though others are all "go for it" so I'm still at a loss. I feel like I could hardly wear it any other way besides casually; it's not going to fly in a law office. I'm thinking various patterned / colour shirts, no tie (though tie possible)... but I am still contemplating if it will be a buyer's remorse situation. I guess that might be a hint that it will... although who knows maybe I'll love it, that's happened before too. Meh, I'm torn.

12. onion

onion Senior member

Been wanting this NdG jacket since I saw it, but I'm not sure if I should kop this or buy a different coat. Apparently the rubberized coating is suppose to crack over time, to give it an aged look.... though I'm not exactly sure what the final product looks like. I have to assume it's dope though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. snake

snake Senior member

I don't know how I feel about the cracking, seems like it would ruin the integrity of the jacket. It does look sick though.

14. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

15. breakz

breakz Senior member

^^classic peacoat. nothing tricky about it...
    Been wanting this NdG jacket since I saw it, but I'm not sure if I should kop this or buy a different coat. Apparently the rubberized coating is suppose to crack over time, to give it an aged look.... though I'm not exactly sure what the final product looks like. I have to assume it's dope though.
    Really want this in grey...