Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. entropy kid

entropy kid Senior member

Yes or no? I need something to keep me warm. Other ideas are more than welcome...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

moar Augusta shoes

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

4. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Generally, I would say I'm morally opposed to zippered breast pockets on shirts, but I think this does it well....I would love a shirt-jacket, and this piece is priced pretty reasonably I think.

I was looking at this piece last night and weighing it against the ApolisxSFxContext shirt. I think if I had to own a Rogue's Gallery piece I would get this.

Yes or no? I need something to keep me warm. Other ideas are more than welcome...

The button-front is interesting. I say yes.

5. TrailofTears

TrailofTears Senior member

[​IMG]

Is that a media player pocket? Can't tell if it will make the coat look awkward and unbalanced. I don't need perfect symmetry, but if it looks like there's a little head on my shoulder I would be very uncomfortable.

6. TrailofTears

The button-front is interesting. I say yes.

I really like the button front on this piece. The most inspirational part of this jacket for me.

7. milosz

milosz Senior member

want to get one more pair of brown boots: better 1 (Red Wing 1907) [​IMG] or 2 (Red Wing 2916) [​IMG] I'm not sold on the crepe sole, but I'm afraid that the Chelseas might be a bit more shit-kicker than I like (my Doc Marten Chelseas look a bit too much like cowboy boots with jeans).

8. milosz

milosz Senior member

Alternate suggestions on chunky brown boots that come in a US 13 also happily accepted.

9. e23

e23 Senior member

I really like the Red Wing 1907 look. Although I am biased since I already have a pair of awesome frye chelseas

10. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Senior member

From the dresscodes closing sale: property of... bag [​IMG] I want something to replace my black jansport

11. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

[​IMG] Generally, I would say I'm morally opposed to zippered breast pockets on shirts, but I think this does it well....I would love a shirt-jacket, and this piece is priced pretty reasonably I think.
    No, this shirt looks like a rip of the cloak work shirt from F/W 06/07: [​IMG] Also i think this is on sale in the supermarket or style zeitgeist in oxblood red... would definitely go for that instead. Edit: Here

12. TrailofTears

From the dresscodes closing sale: property of... bag [​IMG] I want something to replace my black jansport
    Link to product page for extra info. I like the aesthetics of it. I would want to see/feel it in person before making a decision. I'm picky about materials and without seeing the interior and the nylon strap, as well as feeling the leather flap and closure and the canvas, I wouldn't bite. I know, not that helpful, but that's where I stand.

13. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

No, this shirt looks like a rip of the cloak work shirt from F/W 06/07: Also i think this is on sale in the supermarket or style zeitgeist in oxblood red... would definitely go for that instead. Edit: Here
    Too bad I'm a small. I also think I like RG's rendition better even though it's probably not of the same quality; I'm sick of epaulets and I like the more subtle checkering. Thanks for the link though.

14. TrekTheWorld

TrekTheWorld Active Member

Have you checked out the new Red Wing shoe that J. Crew helped create? It's a hot shoe. I was just checking it out in the magazine Best Life. You might want to check it out before purchasing a new boot.

15. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

No, this shirt looks like a rip of the cloak work shirt from F/W 06/07:

They look plenty different, I think. At least, the details are plenty different.

The Cloak has epaulets, snap pockets on top of the zip pockets.
    The RG has grommet holes in the breast pockets, sleeve roll buttons, and a zip/button front.