Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

School is coming up and I need a new pair of boots. Should I go with LeatherSoul's Ultimate Indy's or W+H Service Boots?

2. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Ok I'll help you. Get some Chucks in white or black. Or a different color if you feel risky and adventurous. Should mostly go with anything though. I think you can get them for that price.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Seems almost outrageous SF can't give any tips for any decent priced shoes. Casual, wear-everyday type of shoes; you get the gist.

3. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Thanks for the suggestion.

Seems almost outrageous SF can't give any tips for any decent priced shoes. Casual, wear-everyday type of shoes; you get the gist.

Decent priced here is outrageous to the rest of the world. Think more like $150-200.

4. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

^ Ah, I see. Justified, though. Quality trumps quantity, no?

Anyhow, just needed a temporary beater pair, as I'm commuting most of the day. Any further suggestions would be gladly appreciated.

5. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Senior member

I've gotten my pairs of chucks for $20 at Marshalls. Buy those, then save up for 3 times as long as you were planning to.

6. breakz

breakz Senior member

lol @ shoe questions.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Conversely what is outrageous is your request. I need to find my post about mythical cheap brands again.

8. saelan

saelan Senior member

I wear Vans authentics for beaters myself. A person looking to spend slightly more money (but still not much) might consider Superga, Spring Court, or Feiyue.

9. saelan

saelan Senior member

School is coming up and I need a new pair of boots. Should I go with LeatherSoul's Ultimate Indy's or W+H Service Boots?

I think the Indy gives you way better value for your money.

10. Meis

Meis Senior member

On a related note could someone explain to me whats so special about the W+H service boots?
    People seem to be crazy about them, and I mean they look okay to me- but nothing extraordinary. I don't understand whats so amazing about them to the tune of $700.

11. blynch

blynch Senior member

On a related note could someone explain to me whats so special about the W+H service boots? People seem to be crazy about them, and I mean they look okay to me- but nothing extraordinary. I don't understand whats so amazing about them to the tune of $700.
    They are $350 boots, but with Wings and Horns distressing and Name that doubles the price. I like Paul Smiths boots too, but they are also probably double the price due to the name on them. It seems without a high end name backing a boot the boot turns out not as stylish, eg. LL bean boots. So people will pay the premium for W&H.

12. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

13. superego

superego Senior member

This is as good a place as any...

I found these last week at Macy's, tried them on and they fit great.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts either on quality or others to consider in the same price range?

14. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

Looks like I'll be going with some Ultimate Indy's. Prices for the W+H boots are a bit steep at a $715.

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

Super, I don't care for the whiskering but if they fit well go for it. There is better denim out there but it costs more than those do. Most people around here buy the better denim.