Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

Thinking of a Flathead Houndstooth shirt.

[​IMG]

Dissuade me.

Well, if you can get old pocket style, go. I really don't like sawtooth on the shirt.

2. applegeekz

applegeekz New Member

You never want to purchase clothing at FULL PRICE it is just not pratical. I always wait for the sales.

3. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Senior member

what

4. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

I'm looking for a good pair of chukka boots for winter in either a brown leather or dark brown suede. I was looking into the cole haan chukka boots because my budget is around $100 and they seem to be the nicest I've seen around that price point. I like the looks of the air donovans and air desmonds as well as the wingtip pair (I forget what the model name is). Can anyone tell me how the quality of these boots are / look in person / how they are for winter boots I can wear in the office as well. Are there better boots for the pricerange? I can't post pictures at the moment.

5. breakz

breakz Senior member

You never want to purchase clothing at FULL PRICE it is just not pratical. I always wait for the sales.

You've also probably never owned a single nice, high-demand item you've really wanted in your entire life. Way to be!

6. saelan

saelan Senior member

I'm looking for a good pair of chukka boots for winter in either a brown leather or dark brown suede. I was looking into the cole haan chukka boots because my budget is around $100 and they seem to be the nicest I've seen around that price point. I like the looks of the air donovans and air desmonds as well as the wingtip pair (I forget what the model name is). Can anyone tell me how the quality of these boots are / look in person / how they are for winter boots I can wear in the office as well. Are there better boots for the pricerange? I can't post pictures at the moment.

I'm pretty sure the only good chukka boots you can get in the $100 range are plain old Clarks.

7. saelan

saelan Senior member

I found a really low price on these Frye Brando boots. I've been looking at Alden and Grenson and these aren't quite on the same level, but I could potentially cop these for $120. Anybody want to dissuade me? [​IMG]

8. breakz

breakz Senior member

Nope, those are a favorite of lots of ppl here. Not my style but if they're yours you should get em. Thoughts? Looking for a reddish knit for the fall, is this too loud? [​IMG]

9. Rolf

Rolf Well-Known Member

^ Not the best looking red knit I've seen, but you'll get a yes from me on that one. How's the fit?

10. breakz

breakz Senior member

^ Not the best looking red knit I've seen, but you'll get a yes from me on that one. How's the fit?

Not sure, and there's no PS stores near me so I might have to wait for a trip to NY unless my local Co-Op picked the knit up.

It's PS by Paul though so I assume slim?

11. bach

bach Senior member

y-3 shoes, which do you like better?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

billykirk vs comme des garcons biggest concern is the zipper breaking... [​IMG] or [​IMG]

13. breakz

breakz Senior member

Not sure about CDG but the billykirk has a Riri zip. I don't know anything about zipper quality but ppl are obsessed w/ those Riris.

14. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

I've had a billykirk wallet for year...and I love it. It's def built to last (the one I have is a canvas exterior with a 'snake' leather interior).

15. oneblood

oneblood Senior member

[​IMG] To answer my girlfriend's question, yes I am serious.