1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Landau

Landau Well-Known Member

Im on the edge. The design is gorgeous, but the leather quality leaves something to be desired; it seems to be regular cow leather (as opposed to calf) and the silhouette is sort of athletic sneaker-esque as opposed to low-top. The buttero's are fine, but I prefer to have clothing I really want to wear everyday rather than just another thing in my closet.

Ideally my sneaker would be the paint splatter aka colorful-bird-shit GATs in a plain off-white colorway. I wonder if I could strip the paint off of a pair on sale...

Have you been feeling any particular sneaker shape recently besides CP's/SLP01's/Buttero's?

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I don't really have any interesting sneaker suggestions, but I've been wearing my CP b-ball high tops a lot. The ones in all white with a gum sole and grey suede tongue.

I've got also gotten a lot of use out of my Vans x EG mix-match white slip-ons, although less so now that it's winter.

Probably just depends on what you plan to wear the shoes with.

The shape of the Wooyoungmis looks too much like nurse shoes to me. But if you wear the kind of clothes they design, they'd probably go better with that "drapey lux minimalism" than Butteros.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. 1up

1up Senior member

Geller x CP

[​IMG]

OR

Story Et fall Black Side Zips

[​IMG]

I already have Tobacco Suede CP Chelseas, looking to add something in rotation. The former is 2x the price roughly.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  4. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Go with the second. For me, the navy is less versatile. Ymmv.

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

You want that taupe kinda color? Or you just want a white trainer? If it's the latter, maybe check out epaulet's take on the gat?

1 person likes this.
  6. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

7. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

there's something off about the epaulet gat to me. I dunno what it is. Leather looks too shiny stiff or something. or maybe the toebox is too big. it's close, but just looks weird to me. I'd go with either the Margiela or the really basic B&W version. or even an all white Samba. but besides a pair of crazy Raf higtops, I usually prefer low-baller sneakers so don't listen to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

If you are going for GATs, stick with Margiela. If you are patient, you can find them at an attractive price. Earlier this year, I paid less for the white MMM's than what the Epaulet version is going for.

1 person likes this.
  9. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

Those look like adidas copies to me? GATs have a toe panel.

10. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

I really like the geller cp side zips I have. Would def rec.

11. Landau

Landau Well-Known Member

Combo of the taupe and the suede/nabuck/whatever-the-hell they use. I like Epaulet's stuff, but the toe box bothers me. Honestly I think the buttero's will be fine; they are growing on me.

12. wanksy

wanksy Senior member

i went to the store today and tried the 44 (XS) on grey, the one before was a 46. also tried the garrett and they're very thick, too thick perhaps. but not into chesterfield. anyway, does this fit better? dont mind if i have to layer during the colder months but most of the time, it isn't that cold here where i live.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    3 people like this.
  13. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I think it looks fine, and probably moreso in person. You clearly like the coat so just buy it and enjoy it.

1 person likes this.
  14. dieworkwear

It's OK, but I think the coat would look better if it had a more interesting fabric, like some kind of chunky herringbone.

Also, single breasted topcoats look better worn open, IMO.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Margiela Faux Fur Aviator Jacket. Yea or Nay? Thoughts?
    [​IMG]

16. dieworkwear

It's OK. FWIW, Pusha T's manager is wearing that in this video. You can see it throughout, but also skip to 2:50 and 6:43 marks for some shots.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  17. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

DWW, I feel the same way. Thanks. It is ok. The thing retailed for $2,120 on Ssense, now down to $975, which is still nuts for a nylon jacket with faux fur. I can get it for mid $300s; that is why I am tempted. But it may still be a pass. Have to sleep on it.

18. dieworkwear

I just think there's more interesting outerwear out there, although a basic bomber jacket with a few unique details can also be good. Not everything has to be on full throttle all the time

I think Pusha's manager shows that, when worn, it looks kind of boring. But that could also be an upside.

1 person likes this.
  19. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

ha ha. I actually think he looked good in the jacket. Well, I still have not returned my Dries FW15 "fireman" coat. That is far from boring.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

You can cosplay as a Division agent.

I've been wanting a cap for the longest time but I've been told it makes me look very boyish (don't care much for) and I'm not a fan of long bills.

Is Larose really all it's made out to be? What's different than this versus spending money on a cap from Alternative Apparel? I really just want to cover up my head during the weekend when I'm bumming it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Casentino I'm thinking will give a nicer contrast and 3D look to an otherwise flat black cap.